Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e

More
06 Apr 2015 20:49 - 06 Apr 2015 20:50 #30849 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
I think a good start point would be this fantastic model guide by our member mwm :
deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/3948-tutori...-a-model-config-file
Last edit: 06 Apr 2015 20:50 by Durete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2015 14:40 #30907 by 30secs
Replied by 30secs on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Thanks durete. I've read the guide several times and it's still confusing to use for the 7E model. I'm still not sure how to map a "gear" channel into the trim buttons, or how to config a headless mode into the tx. Can you help?

More
08 Apr 2015 18:20 #30913 by Waterbound
Replied by Waterbound on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Look at a typical model file, in the settings you will see mixer settings under [mixer] , you will assign a source and destination src= and dest=

More
08 Apr 2015 21:16 #30916 by 30secs

Waterbound wrote: Look at a typical model file, in the settings you will see mixer settings under [mixer] , you will assign a source and destination src= and dest=

I know how to set these things. What i'm asking is more advanced configuration.

Can a 3 rate config be done with the 7E switches (0/1)?
Setting a 4-gear channel using the trim toggle (up/down),
Setting up the headless feature etc.

More
10 Apr 2015 17:16 #30995 by 30secs

30secs wrote:

Waterbound wrote: Look at a typical model file, in the settings you will see mixer settings under [mixer] , you will assign a source and destination src= and dest=

I know how to set these things. What i'm asking is more advanced configuration.

Can a 3 rate config be done with the 7E switches (0/1)?
Setting a 4-gear channel using the trim toggle (up/down),
Setting up the headless feature etc.

Can anyone help with the above?

Aso, do you know what channel syma X5C-1 uses for their beginner/advanced mode? and the values its using? i couldn't find it out.

I know 5 is flip

More
10 Apr 2015 18:37 #31001 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
The channel assignments in the SymaX protocol were recently changed to match the Flysky and V202 protocols. In the latest nightly build they are:
channel 6: flip control
channel 7: picture
channel 8: video
channel 9: headless

The SymaX protocol always tells the quad to run in high rate mode. Use scale in the deviation mixers to adjust your rates.

More
10 Apr 2015 18:47 - 10 Apr 2015 18:50 #31002 by 30secs

hexfet wrote: The channel assignments in the SymaX protocol were recently changed to match the Flysky and V202 protocols. In the latest nightly build they are:
channel 6: flip control
channel 7: picture
channel 8: video
channel 9: headless

The SymaX protocol always tells the quad to run in high rate mode. Use scale in the deviation mixers to adjust your rates.

Thank you hexfet i did not know that! I have a few follow up questions:
- So if the original protocol had a certain feature, the deviation protocol may choose to change/override it? I
- Does that mean that each protocol model will always map these channels the same way regardless of the original manufacturer?
- And what is channel 5 mapped to?
- Lastly, can i just replace the Symax protocol from the latest build or do i need to do a complete update?

Thanks!
Last edit: 10 Apr 2015 18:50 by 30secs.

More
10 Apr 2015 21:20 #31019 by hexfet

30secs wrote: - So if the original protocol had a certain feature, the deviation protocol may choose to change/override it? I

The low-end models mostly implement trims and multiple control rates in the receiver. Deviation gives flexible control in the tx so the protocols are implemented to take advantage of that.

30secs wrote: - Does that mean that each protocol model will always map these channels the same way regardless of the original manufacturer?

Not exactly, but new protocols will likely adhere to the recent consensus :) Keep in mind higher grade flight controllers allow programming functions to channels in any way you want.

30secs wrote: - And what is channel 5 mapped to?

It would be light control if any Syma model has light control (and if there are such models, someone makes an SPI capture)

30secs wrote: - Lastly, can i just replace the Symax protocol from the latest build or do i need to do a complete update?

Always safest to do the complete procedure, but if you're on a recent nightly just updating the dfu and copying the protocols directory should work.

More
10 Apr 2015 22:51 #31024 by 30secs

hexfet wrote:

30secs wrote: - So if the original protocol had a certain feature, the deviation protocol may choose to change/override it? I

The low-end models mostly implement trims and multiple control rates in the receiver. Deviation gives flexible control in the tx so the protocols are implemented to take advantage of that.

30secs wrote: - Does that mean that each protocol model will always map these channels the same way regardless of the original manufacturer?

Not exactly, but new protocols will likely adhere to the recent consensus :) Keep in mind higher grade flight controllers allow programming functions to channels in any way you want.

30secs wrote: - And what is channel 5 mapped to?

It would be light control if any Syma model has light control (and if there are such models, someone makes an SPI capture)

30secs wrote: - Lastly, can i just replace the Symax protocol from the latest build or do i need to do a complete update?

Always safest to do the complete procedure, but if you're on a recent nightly just updating the dfu and copying the protocols directory should work.

Thank you. I followed the deviation guide and mwm's guide. mwm talks about mapping the "gear" channel through deviation, so that got me confused if i'm understanding you correctly that for the most part "gear channel" is being phased out with the new protocol updates.

So i (and im sure others) could better understand deviation.. if for example syma x5c1 has a gear channel, does the deviation protocol ignore it? there's no way for me to "reach it", correct?

More
11 Apr 2015 02:01 #31027 by hexfet
There won't be a gear channel unless they add retractable landing gear ;) The use of "gear channel" often means the fifth channel in the protocol, unless you really have retracts assigned to a different channel. Controlling retracts was the tradition use in the days before programmable radios (take all this with a grain of salt...only been in the hobby a couple years). Deviation gives three choices to protocols for the labels on the first five channels in the mixer list, based on the three widespread orders used by radio manufacturers. All three label the fifth channel GEAR.

Those labels can be confusing. The (value of the) Channels are what get sent to the receivers. On the lower-end radios the channels are assigned to fixed functions, but the manufacturer radios don't assign any channel numbers - it's just "left shoulder button to flip". We've gravitated towards a common channel number to function mapping for these. If you're sending to a real receiver like an rx1002, you can plug any servo/FC input to any receiver output, but it's generally less confusing to follow the manufacturer's order. For example the rx1002 is labeled EATRG. Likewise digital connections from a receiver (like cppm or sbus) to an FC typically use the radio manufacturers traditional order for mapping channels to functions, but you can rearrange them if you'd like.

The values of Channels are set by the output of Mixers. The inputs to Mixers are the sticks, swtiches, and pots. And when you get to more advanced mixes also the Channels and virtual channels.

More
28 Apr 2015 16:40 #31741 by oddette
Replied by oddette on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Hi All,

I'm new with Devo 7e (just arrived couple days ago :oops: )
- Installed latest Deviation Nightly Builds (deviation-devo7e-v4.0.1-85c58b9)
- installed NRF24L01+ module (i hope correctly) using this tutorial

Re-init with Syma X5C-1 (i don't know it should Bind or Re-init just fine) , and its working .
- using default config , syma going opposite (stick go to left syma going right and so on)
- i look (again and again into this Forum) found "model1.ini" (please see the attachments , its correct control , But syma keep spin (slow) to the left even i'm not touching the stick (just a little throttle) .

Question : what/where config i should change ?
i read tutorial on how to write a config file and i still can't find how to stabilize or config the spin.

Thank you for any help and thanks for this forum. i found very helpfull :)

*PS : really appreciate if there any model.ini for symaX5C-1 or JJRC H8C from any user from this Forum :blush:
Attachments:

More
28 Apr 2015 20:38 #31751 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Did you calibrate the sticks after Deviation install?
I'm pretty sure that is your problem...
About the model files, at this thread you have at least one for Syma X5C-1 :)

More
29 Apr 2015 04:21 #31782 by oddette
@Durete

Thanks for the info i will try it and update again.

More
29 Apr 2015 05:03 - 29 Apr 2015 16:36 #31786 by oddette
i repeat deviation install and calibrate, and its work (not spinning again) thanks to @Durete
but i got another problem, direction is opposite again :(
go forward on stick , syma go to left
go backward on stick , syma go to right.
go left on stick , syma go to forward
go right on stick , syma go to back

did i do wrong way to calibrate? if so please help how to good calibrate.
i know i can config this (left to right , forward and backward) but i not really understand all setting config.
please give simple instruction how to change stick left right forward backward .

*Solved , all i need is simple mixer ( :p newbie) just thanks again to @Durete i found your Syma X11 model very helpfull :)

*Edited , figured what is ch3 is :)

Thank you very much for any help
Last edit: 29 Apr 2015 16:36 by oddette.

More
29 Apr 2015 19:02 - 29 Apr 2015 19:06 #31812 by mbk17
Replied by mbk17 on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Hello,

Somehow I finished soldering the NRF24L01 module to my devo 7e but I am having difficulty getting it to bind to my X5C-1. When I boot the TX it says "Missing Modules "CYRF6936". I have changed my hardware.ini appropriately to enable the NRF module as well. I don't even see a bind option in the model menu. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Thanks
Last edit: 29 Apr 2015 19:06 by mbk17.

More
29 Apr 2015 19:47 - 29 Apr 2015 19:49 #31814 by oddette
@mbk17

My hardware.ini :
has_pa-cyrf6936 = 0

Its shown Re-init not Bind , but it can bind properly.

*i'm also just use devo 7e :) ,

Thanks
Last edit: 29 Apr 2015 19:49 by oddette.

More
29 Apr 2015 20:02 #31816 by mbk17
I changed my hardware.ini to what you have and still get that same message. I also found re-init but it does nothing.
Thanks for the suggestions though.

More
29 Apr 2015 20:13 #31817 by oddette
oh just forgot , you use notepad++ ?
don't use notepad from windows (if you using windows) :)
if you already use notepad++ , then i don't know what else , check your wiring may be .

Thanks

More
29 Apr 2015 20:22 #31818 by mbk17

oddette wrote: oh just forgot , you use notepad++ ?
if you already use notepad++ , then i don't know what else , check your wiring may be .

Thanks

I think its my soldering job as well. i.imgur.com/dBfJKqU.jpg
It so difficult to do since its so small and tight.

More
29 Apr 2015 22:47 #31821 by Squirrel_D
Replied by Squirrel_D on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e

mbk17 wrote:

oddette wrote: oh just forgot , you use notepad++ ?

Thanks

I think its my soldering job as well. i.imgur.com/dBfJKqU.jpg
It so difficult to do since its so small and tight.

That's what my problem was, I didn't solder the ground wire on. After I did that that error went away

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds