Devo 12

More
27 Jan 2013 13:33 #5569 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 12
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't know how to do the mapping. I meant I wasn't sure how I would actually handle it in the code from a migration perspective. I think I've got it sorted now though

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2013 16:29 #5578 by PhracturedBlue
I've finished the hardware documentation:
www.deviationtx.com/articles/19-devo-12-hardware-connections

More
27 Jan 2013 21:33 #5589 by Sid3ways
Replied by Sid3ways on topic Devo 12
PB - your dedication, intelligence, and speed at which you work is astonishing. Thank you and very happy to see it is coming along nicely! :)

More
28 Jan 2013 15:21 - 28 Jan 2013 15:27 #5624 by PhracturedBlue
I thought you guys might like this.
There are still some display issues (some fonts aren't showing properly), and for some reason the analog update isn't working, so i can't actually read channel values, but I think everything else is functional now.

Just as a reminder, we're going to start with the Devo8 interface, which means 320x240 which is why it is running in a window. eventually we'll do a custom 480x272 interface, but for now this will get the functionality out there much more quickly.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 15:27 by PhracturedBlue.

More
28 Jan 2013 15:33 #5626 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 12
:woohoo:
Congrats!

More
28 Jan 2013 17:27 #5635 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Devo 12

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Attachments:

More
28 Jan 2013 17:51 #5643 by Sid3ways
Replied by Sid3ways on topic Devo 12
Wow that is awesome :)

More
28 Jan 2013 18:49 - 28 Jan 2013 21:20 #5651 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Devo 12
Picked up mine this morning... :huh:

B)

Actually I need some advice from someone who knows electrons better than I.

The charger (5v 2000ma) that came with my Devo12 is for Europe.. no good to me.

I have a USB hub power supply here that is 5v 2500ma. Is that a few too many MA's? :huh:

In the manual, it says that the max current on the charge port is 700ma so anything over that is converted to heat somewhere in the tx right?

I didn't realize that it will charge off the usb port as well. At least I can charge it! :)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 21:20 by Hexperience.

More
28 Jan 2013 21:30 - 28 Jan 2013 21:31 #5677 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Devo 12
What is important is the input voltage, the fact that your supply can provide more Amps would normally be immaterial.

But, (there is always a but) if some clever designer decided to give that included supply an high output impedance to prevent initially from charging very flat batteries to fast, your 2500mA supply may damage the batteries and possibly the internal charger circuit.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 21:31 by RandMental.

More
28 Jan 2013 21:50 #5678 by PhracturedBlue
Mine came with a europe->us plug in the case. If you don't have it, you can get one for a couple bucks (you only need the adapter not a power converter)

I don't think you'll have any problem charging with usb. I think the normal connection is limited to 500mA (low power USB). I think. USB has a special high-power mode that needs to be enabled explicitly by the slave, and the Devo12 won't enable it. That said. check your batteries while charging and make sure they don't get very warm.

More
28 Jan 2013 23:19 #5685 by Hexperience
Thanks guys, feel better about it now.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
29 Jan 2013 06:20 #5697 by PhracturedBlue
Well, I fixed the display issue and the channel scanning issue. Both of which took a lot more effort than I expected.
So now, I just need to integrate the code into the trunk and provide a mechanism to build the library dfu, and we'll be ready for the 1st experimental release.

More
29 Jan 2013 06:44 #5698 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Devo 12
Ready Steady Go

Attachments:

More
29 Jan 2013 06:49 #5699 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 12

PhracturedBlue wrote: Well, I fixed the display issue and the channel scanning issue. Both of which took a lot more effort than I expected.
So now, I just need to integrate the code into the trunk and provide a mechanism to build the library dfu, and we'll be ready for the 1st experimental release.

Cool!
What's next? F7 or F4? ;)

More
29 Jan 2013 08:07 #5702 by thloh85
Replied by thloh85 on topic Devo 12
Err guys? Any experimental build that we can have fun with? :woohoo:

More
29 Jan 2013 13:53 #5722 by PhracturedBlue
You'll need to wait another day or so for the experimental builds. I still don't have any way to automate the library dfu creation (the 'media' directory needs to be uploaded via dfu rather than the standard USB filesystem way...all other files use the filesystem). I am having difficulty finding a solution to this that will work in windows and linux.

And while I know FDR said it in jest, I have no plans to support the F7 at this time. I have no idea how to deal with the FPV aspects, and I think adding 2 new Tx to the supported list for the next build is sufficient.

Rather than immediately focusing on a proper 480x272 interface, or enhancements for the 7e (or elsewhere), I expect I will try to work on getting all the bugs that have been introduced in the past month hammered down and get out a new official release, as it has been 2 months since 2.1.0

More
29 Jan 2013 14:00 #5723 by thloh85
Replied by thloh85 on topic Devo 12
Take your time PB.
Just wanna let you know I do appreciate your work. :D
You rock!!!

More
30 Jan 2013 01:22 - 30 Jan 2013 01:52 #5754 by Kerbob
Replied by Kerbob on topic Devo 12
PB,
Thank you so much for your work on this!
I was just forwarded from the RCG thread on this and am ecstatic to see a beta is almost ready.

Booyah! FTW!!

Edit:
Just finished reading the thread. The ability to go back to the native firmware was critical and I see that you can do that though you might lose your models. I will help with beta testing!! :D

I'd LOVE to be able to put telemetry info on the main screen OR put the timer(s) on the telemetry screen. I'll munge the manual now too. I'm interested in how you go from Walkera RX to DSM and back.

Thanks to all who helped on this project!!
Last edit: 30 Jan 2013 01:52 by Kerbob. Reason: Added stuff

More
30 Jan 2013 03:42 #5756 by Hexperience

Wene001 wrote: Ready Steady Go

I assume that is a color printed label? Can you post the image file you used?

Or anyone that has a good high res version of the logo?

More
30 Jan 2013 06:30 #5764 by PhracturedBlue
1st experimental build for the devo12 is available:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/1380-de...89f1f-devo12-support

you can go back to stock by upgrading the firmware and lib.you will lose all model and configuration settings though.

Note that it may be necessary to shutdown and power back into programming mode after upgrading the firmware before upgrading the lib. You'll know this is the case if you get a 'State machine' error. It doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds