Walkera RX601

More
04 Nov 2012 15:25 #2675 by LeGriffon
Walkera RX601 was created by LeGriffon
Hi,
I successfully bind my Devo6/Deviation V 1.1.2 with Devo lady bird, and V100 D03 BL but I cannot bind my RX601 (Walkera Devo), I test it with 2 different Rx. Is any one already try it ?

Rgds.
Pascal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2012 09:12 #2684 by flyguy
Replied by flyguy on topic Walkera RX601
I successfully bound a rx601 this weekend, no problems at all, works like a charm, also with fixed id. I'm using it with my T-Rex 450.

Did you already try resetting the receivers? Were they bound to some other tx before?

More
05 Nov 2012 09:35 #2686 by LeGriffon
Replied by LeGriffon on topic Walkera RX601
Hi,
Many thanks for answer. My Rx where all previously bind to my Devo 6 (using Walkera OS) and bind to fixe ID. I did try to press the reset button on receiver but nothing happen. Do you know the procedure to correctly reset and remove the the fix Id ?

Thanks in advance.
Pascal.

More
05 Nov 2012 09:43 #2687 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Walkera RX601
The manual is probably wrong, there is something missing...

The usual procedure is to plug the BIND PLUG into batt terminal and then power the rx throw an other terminal. However there is a "Clean" button too, which according to the manual should be pressed before you power the rx. It is unclear if you should hold it, or just press once...

But if you know the fixed id you assigned in the original fw, you can set it in deviation and it should work...

More
05 Nov 2012 10:09 #2688 by LeGriffon
Thanks,
Unfortunately I did use the original random fix Id and did not note it before to install Deviation. I did not have the manual of the RX just manual of Tx and I agree with you it's not really clear. They also say to "pull out bind plug" but not even mention when and where to plug it...

More
05 Nov 2012 10:16 #2689 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Walkera RX601
Yep, that's what I missed too...

BTW, you can flash back the original fw to see what the fixed id values are, and then install deviation again with those fixed ids set, just don't forget to save your deviation model configs before you do that.

More
05 Nov 2012 11:21 #2690 by flyguy
there was no bind plug for my rx601, so i guess it's all about the "clean" button (instructions can be found in the devo6 manual). i think you should press the button, then connect to power, keep button pressed until the led will flash slowly and disconnect the power afterwards (the instructions in the devo8 manual are very similar so i guess the bind-plug-thing is just a mistake).

after powering it on again, you should be able to connect with a random id.

More
08 Nov 2012 09:40 #2776 by LeGriffon
Many thanks,
Sorry I got busy the last few days, but I tried it, and it works. So procedure is :
- turn off TX
- press and hold clean button
- turn on RX by plug in 5V battery (I use USB mobile charger, plugged on Thro entry)
- wait for led blink aprox 1 per sec
- switch off RX
- Turn on TX
- Turn on RX (and it should work)

Nice flights.

More
08 Nov 2012 09:44 - 08 Nov 2012 09:45 #2777 by LeGriffon
Flyguy,

You say that you use it on your T-Rex 450 I'm interested by your config, is it a flybar or a flybarless ? (I'm looking for Flybar config)

Rgds
Pascal.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 09:45 by LeGriffon.

More
08 Nov 2012 12:55 #2779 by flyguy
Hi,

it's a flybar heli. I can attach my config when I'm back home if you like (I setup everything and it seems to work well, but I didn't do a test flight yet).

More
08 Nov 2012 13:28 #2783 by LeGriffon
Hi,
I did try setup one by myself from scratch, but I'm not mastering the software yet, and mix-up the channels. So if you can post your config I'am sure it will be useful. May be post it in usual Config forum, and specify Flybar in the title that will be helpful.

Many thanks in advance,
Rgds
Pascal.

More
10 Nov 2012 16:51 #2842 by flyguy
i could test my config today and posted it in the config section. have fun.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds