Devo 12?

More
12 Nov 2012 20:46 - 12 Nov 2012 20:50 #2876 by oso
Devo 12? was created by oso
First of all!
Hi and congrats to a superb job with the devo firmware etc and your website...

My name is Tomas Olsson and I'm a helicopter flight engineer from sweden with a passion for RC planes and choppers. I currently use a Spektrum Dx7 but I want to upgrade to a TX with more channels. But I still wanna use my shitload of spektrum receivers. I found Walkeras radios and your site. The thrill of beeing able to use my dsm2 recivers with a devo sounds perfect!
Only prob is that I'm horny for a Devo 12, preferebly the first edition with the silver housing 'cause it looks nicer... I plan to uppgrade it to 12s to get telemetry.

I noticed that the latest edition doesn't support devo 12 and that a solution is quite a while away...

Do u have any interest in making a firmware compatible with devo 12?
I know your work is only a hobby and based on interest so I guess you just go about it when you have time to spare and feel like it.

But anyways, a little hint from you, ofcourse with no obligation or pressure, but still.... do you see a devo 12 release in the future...

This might decide if I will buy the devo 12 or go for a devo 8. The prob is that walkera don't have a descent shock flyer rx for the devos so I need to use my dsm2 ones.

Ok bye for now and keep up the good work

Btw! If you need a translation to swedish(the major ruling language in the world!! NOT! :-)) then I'm your man!

oso
Tomas Olsson
Sweden

To crash is to take one step forward...
Last edit: 12 Nov 2012 20:50 by oso.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2012 21:42 #2878 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 12?
The short answer is that unless someone else decides to work on it, it is unlikely that devo12 support will come soon. A crude interface could probably be done pretty quickly by using the existing Devo8 interface, but to properly take advantage of all of the Devo12 capabilities would be a task at least as big as the Devo10 effort which suvsuv has been working on virtually every day for over a month now.
That is a huge amount of effort, and at the moment, I am not interested in spending it myself. I would expect that one way or another there will be a Devo12 port, but I wouldn't speculate on when.

More
12 Nov 2012 21:44 #2879 by PhracturedBlue
As for translations. I have never requested them. If folks want to contribute, I'm happy to take them, and ensure that we support whatever character set is necessary, but I don't solicit them.

More
13 Nov 2012 00:14 #2883 by NotFastEnuf
Replied by NotFastEnuf on topic Devo 12?
I too wanted a devo 12 and had a hard time talking myself into a devo 8. Let me tell you - I wish I had just bit the bullet sooner. The devo 8 will do anything you want it to with deviation. Believe me I am hard pressed to use all the switches and channels and only have one plane in my hanger that comes close! Even on my 10 cell 90mm viperjet, I am using a 3 position mix switch just to start the timers. LOL I had to look for things to assign to switches because there is just so much functionality! I still have one trim button unassigned and can not even think of something to do with it. My desire for the 12 was just cool factor - and the sweet sliders!! Believe me, I am much happier laying a 200 dollar radio on the ground to make adjustments in the field than a 400 dollar one. I throw it in my flight caddy and ride to the field - no extra case to lug around to protect a huge investment. Bite the bullet and grab an 8 - you will not regret it. Every spektrum flyer at my field is eyeballing my radio with envy now after they all said walkera who? You will always be able to find a fellow flyer to unload the 8 on after the 12 is finally ready. Time is wasting and everyday I spend with my devo I find more functionality with deviation. Trust me, you will not find the limits of a devo 8 any time soon thanks to the great work done here. Join in!!!! You will not regret it!

More
13 Nov 2012 10:00 #2901 by oso
Replied by oso on topic Devo 12?
Yupp, I surely understand that it takes at crapload of work to write a firmware to a complex plattform as the devo 12 if u wanna take advantage of all the benefits in that radio... And I've got the message... :) I hate to feel like a parasite due to lack of knowledge and unability to contribute to the progress... :unsure: I will make a swedish translation as soon as I know how, and I know you don't ask for help... that's why I offered it... But I don't even know how to do that so I guess I have some homework to do...

As for the devo 8 instead of the 12 I think I will start with the devo 8 ... As you pointed out, it's much cheaper and it will most likely do everything I ask of it.... Only thing is that a friend of mine recently bought the Dx8s and is wearing me down asking how many channels I've got....I would love to break him in half with 12 fu..ing channels! B) But if I have 8 it might be enough 'cause after all the dx8 doesn't have a touch color screen...

Thanks for all the comments!

To crash is to take one step forward...

More
13 Nov 2012 14:11 #2909 by PhracturedBlue
Go look in the translation section. There are instructions on doing a translation. If you have any questions let me know.

Deviation on the Devo8 supports up-to 12 channels. Of course you are limited in how many analog inputs you have, but with some button reassignment, it is possible. I'm not sure how useful it is, but certainly possible.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds