Latest build feed back

More
19 Nov 2012 06:16 #2992 by Hexperience
Latest build feed back was created by Hexperience
Built deviation-b918dcd10038 for devo8s

- When I try to calibrate sticks it kicks me back to main screen / resets
- After it does this, the tx.ini file is default (OR) only partially written. Settings are gone.
- Because of this, the value for DIM target is missing (or zero) and after the timeout, the screen goes completely off. (which I like but zero is not an option in the gui for dim target, but I think it should be ;)

(I did also build the FS and installed it)

Request.. unless I've missed it, could you add a volume select for the beeper?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2012 06:36 #2993 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Latest build feed back
Thanks. I've fixed the calibration, and allow dimming the screen off too.
The volume control is a good idea (though to be honest I have had difficulty getting the volume control to make a significant difference on the devo8). Note that you can change the volume by modifying it in the music.ini file, for each relevant sound, but not through the interface

More
19 Nov 2012 06:38 #2994 by PhracturedBlue
Let me know if you see any other issues. There was a big change in how the main-loop executes, and it may have other side effects that need to be addressed.

More
19 Nov 2012 06:50 - 19 Nov 2012 06:50 #2995 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Latest build feed back
objs/emu_devo8-w32/tx_configure.o: In function `calibrate_sticks':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\vlad\src\deviation\src/pages/320x240x16/../common/_
tx_configure.c:101: undefined reference to `CLOCK_ClearMsecCallback'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [emu_devo8.exe] Error 1
Last edit: 19 Nov 2012 06:50 by vlad_vy.

More
19 Nov 2012 07:10 #2996 by PhracturedBlue
I introduced that when I fixed Hex's issue. Fixed this one too.

More
19 Nov 2012 11:41 - 19 Nov 2012 11:48 #2997 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Latest build feed back
Calibration worked, thank you.
PPM out is always my first test, Phoenix Sim, and there is a problem.

If you have it, and you go to the TX setup (where you see the channels) you will see channels moving on their own. I can't post a vid right now, but I will later if needed.

without moving any sticks, channels will move themselves up or down about 25% then center again.

Also there is a noticeable delay on the sticks. I have only tried PPM out so far. It's 6:45am... can't fly the mcpx in the house just yet.. :)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 19 Nov 2012 11:48 by Hexperience.

More
19 Nov 2012 13:58 #2998 by PhracturedBlue
you do build with 'make TYPE=prd' if you are using PPM right? If not then we are sending printf out through the PPM port, which is probably a bad idea. Depending on the build, it may or may-not work, but I don't support it unless you make a release build.

I won't be able to look at ppm until tonight though.

More
19 Nov 2012 14:04 - 19 Nov 2012 14:13 #2999 by vlad_vy
Devo 8 - d94a292bfda0

1. JR R921 (DSM2) - all 9 channels working fine, no any delays with channel output value at screen. Every channel very responsive, up to servo speed.

2. Walkera RX802 (DEVO) - all 8 channels working, but with very long delays.

Seems interface become more sluggish, but I'm not fully confident.
Last edit: 19 Nov 2012 14:13 by vlad_vy.

More
19 Nov 2012 14:29 #3000 by PhracturedBlue
I can't test at the moment, but try going into target.h and change MEDIUM_PRIORITY_MSEC to 10
that will slow down the interrupt rate and should indicate whether it is causing the performance issues.

More
19 Nov 2012 14:43 #3001 by vlad_vy
Something wrong with it. After binding, RX802 not working and LED flashing at random.

More
19 Nov 2012 14:55 - 19 Nov 2012 14:55 #3003 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic Latest build feed back

PhracturedBlue wrote: Thanks. I've fixed the calibration, and allow dimming the screen off too.
The volume control is a good idea (though to be honest I have had difficulty getting the volume control to make a significant difference on the devo8). Note that you can change the volume by modifying it in the music.ini file, for each relevant sound, but not through the interface

The volume control should be introduced only if we can make current volume louder in both devo8 and devo10. Currently, the volume is too low, even set to 100, to hear, why border to lower it down?
Last edit: 19 Nov 2012 14:55 by suvsuv.

More
19 Nov 2012 16:42 - 19 Nov 2012 18:37 #3006 by Hexperience

PhracturedBlue wrote: you do build with 'make TYPE=prd' if you are using PPM right? If not then we are sending printf out through the PPM port, which is probably a bad idea. Depending on the build, it may or may-not work, but I don't support it unless you make a release build.

I won't be able to look at ppm until tonight though.

Yes, I do make TYPE=prd zip, then make TARGET=devo8 fs

---edit---
I just rebuilt it with 'make release'
and installed the devo8 dfu. Posting a video in a couple of minutes.

Last edit: 19 Nov 2012 18:37 by Hexperience.

More
19 Nov 2012 16:44 #3007 by Hexperience

suvsuv wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: Thanks. I've fixed the calibration, and allow dimming the screen off too.

The volume control should be introduced only if we can make current volume louder in both devo8 and devo10. Currently, the volume is too low, even set to 100, to hear, why border to lower it down?

Yes, I noticed it wasn't very loud when I wanted it to be loud, but at night when I'm programming the Devo8 or using a Sim, I wanted to turn it down.

More
19 Nov 2012 19:04 - 19 Nov 2012 19:07 #3008 by Hexperience
Quick video of the channels moving and the delay in ppm out. I don't touch any sticks until you see me move the aileron to the right. The movements are happening on their own.

Cheers

Last edit: 19 Nov 2012 19:07 by Hexperience.

More
20 Nov 2012 02:37 #3010 by PhracturedBlue
Ok, well, I think I was trying to do too much from the systick interrupt. We now have 4 levels of execution:
1: systick. keeps the clock updated.
2: transmit.
3: channel update
4: button, touch, and gui interface update

lower values will interrupt higher ones. I've tested this code with Phoenix, Devo RX1202, and OrangeRx-9ch.
It seems to be smooth, and I haven't seen any erratic behavior so far.

More
20 Nov 2012 11:41 #3019 by suvsuv
The build doesn't work well with Minicp.: The Minicp won't auto-bind with my devo10 flashed latest build. After push the bind button, the minicp is bound , however ,its servos respond with noticeable delay. After restarting both the TX and the minicp , they won't connect again.
I flashed my devo10 with previous build ,the minicp works well as usual.
I then tested the lastest build with my MCPX, everything seems ok though. So something is wrong in devo protocol.

More
20 Nov 2012 12:35 #3021 by suvsuv

suvsuv wrote: The build doesn't work well with Minicp.: The Minicp won't auto-bind with my devo10 flashed latest build. After push the bind button, the minicp is bound , however ,its servos respond with noticeable delay. After restarting both the TX and the minicp , they won't connect again.
I flashed my devo10 with previous build ,the minicp works well as usual.
I then tested the lastest build with my MCPX, everything seems ok though. So something is wrong in devo protocol.

Forget about it. After syncing with your today's update on the clock.c , the minicp works again.

More
20 Nov 2012 14:26 - 20 Nov 2012 14:28 #3024 by vlad_vy
Devo8 - bca68ff0de71

1. JR R921 (DSM2) - all 9 channels = OK, no any delays with channel output value at screen. Every channel smooth and responsive, up to servo speed. No delays even at channels monitor screen.

2. Walkera RX802 (DEVO) - all 8 channels = OK.

3. PPM (Reflex XTR v5.06.3) - all 10 channels = OK.
Last edit: 20 Nov 2012 14:28 by vlad_vy.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds