About colons in text

More
25 Nov 2012 14:54 - 25 Nov 2012 16:28 #3158 by domcars0
About colons in text was created by domcars0
For the Devo10, I'm not sure that semicolons are mandatory in the text displayed.
There is not so much place for the text and sometime one character more is helpfull.
What do you think about that?
In French translation I've remove lot of semicolons which are not really usefull.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 16:28 by domcars0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2012 14:58 - 25 Nov 2012 15:00 #3161 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic About semicolons in text
I don't see any semicolons in the lang.fr file. Do you have an example of what you mean?

Edit:
Do you mean ':' (colon) at the end of the string? If it makes things fit better, feel free to remove them for your language.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 15:00 by PhracturedBlue.

More
25 Nov 2012 16:25 - 25 Nov 2012 16:43 #3163 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic About semicolons in text
Ah my frenglish :angry: yes I think colon (':') not semi-colon(';')

I think I've found a bug in the translation process ...
There is no more translation after the line 515 in my lang.fr file ???
If I move lines up or down this limit (515) I can see translation working (before 515) or not working(after) ...
Futhermore if a text is not translate the translator will show the next english text? Exemple

:Bird
Oiseau
:Dog
:Cat
Chat

Translation of 'Dog' will be ':Cat' ???

Could you confirm?
(I use the #0e8ae11 commit)

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 16:43 by domcars0.

More
25 Nov 2012 16:49 - 25 Nov 2012 16:50 #3164 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic About semicolons in text
No problem, I understand the language difficulty.

There is a maximum size of the translation file: 8kB (of translated string length, not total file size), or 256 strings whichever is smaller.
If you are working with the Devo10 language file, it should be 168 strings.
The combined language file in filesystem/common/language is larger (currently 274 strings) so you can't load it onto the Tx.

Assuming you are building from source, you can place your updated language file in filesystem/common/language/
and then run 'make TARGET=devo10'
This will create a smaller language file in filesystem/devo10/language/ which will then work with your Tx.

You can also directly edit the tx-specific language file, then append it to the end of the one in 'common' and run:
'make language' which should (untested) consolidate the changes.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 16:50 by PhracturedBlue.

More
25 Nov 2012 17:52 #3165 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic About semicolons in text

PhracturedBlue wrote:
There is a maximum size of the translation file: 8kB (of translated string length, not total file size), or 256 strings whichever is smaller.
If you are working with the Devo10 language file, it should be 168 strings.
The combined language file in filesystem/common/language is larger (currently 274 strings) so you can't load it onto the Tx.

OK

PhracturedBlue wrote: Assuming you are building from source, you can place your updated language file in filesystem/common/language/
and then run 'make TARGET=devo10'
This will create a smaller language file in filesystem/devo10/language/ which will then work with your Tx.

And of course .... it works :woohoo:
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds