Bug Report - Devo 10, bug at throttle mixer

More
05 Dec 2012 15:07 #3656 by pshkong
Hi,

after trying the new deViation 2.0 on my Devo 10, I found out there may be some possible bugs in the mixer setup page.

1. In normal flight mode, when the throttle stick is at -100, the output is actually at -80. This doesn't happen in FDMOD1 or FDMOD2, nor when the throttle hold is applied at normal flight.

2. The mixer setting will be overwrite / ignored when changing pages when playing around with different pages.

Besides, I constantly encountered mysterious reboot of tx as documented in other threads, so I'm not going to repeat it here.

Attached please find my configure file used.

Thank you, and hope to see the next release soon.

Regards,
Philip
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2012 15:26 #3659 by FDR
I do not see the throttle problem you have. It's output is -100% at the -100% stick.

Have you properly calibrated your sticks?

More
05 Dec 2012 15:30 #3660 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Bug Report - Devo 10, bug at throttle mixer

pshkong wrote: Hi,

after trying the new deViation 2.0 on my Devo 10, I found out there may be some possible bugs in the mixer setup page.

1. In normal flight mode, when the throttle stick is at -100, the output is actually at -80. This doesn't happen in FDMOD1 or FDMOD2, nor when the throttle hold is applied at normal flight.

Hi Philip,
I've just loaded you model.ini in the emu_devo10 and the THR output is well to -100% when the input is at -100% ?

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
05 Dec 2012 15:51 #3661 by pshkong
Replied by pshkong on topic Bug Report - Devo 10, bug at throttle mixer
Thanks for both of FDR and domcars0 reply, I think this is my problem for not correctly calibrating the throttle stick.... apologies for the confusion caused, but I still encounter the "page" problem...

besides, can you please explain why the default setting for "MIN" and "MAX" is +/-150? Should I change all of them to +/-100 instead?

Thank you very much!

More
05 Dec 2012 15:58 #3662 by FDR
While you can set values only up to 100%, the channel's output value can be more than that, for example if you add more values in a complex mixer.
The min and max limit the channel output to a certain value to protect your servos against overdriving.

More
05 Dec 2012 16:03 #3663 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic Bug Report - Devo 10, bug at throttle mixer

pshkong wrote: Thanks for both of FDR and domcars0 reply, I think this is my problem for not correctly calibrating the throttle stick.... apologies for the confusion caused, but I still encounter the "page" problem...

besides, can you please explain why the default setting for "MIN" and "MAX" is +/-150? Should I change all of them to +/-100 instead?

Thank you very much!

You'd better used attached release which is more stable than v2.0.

In terms of the min/max, they actually shouldn't be exposed to users from my point of view, the limit scale is actually decide your servos' travel limit.
Attachments:

More
05 Dec 2012 16:18 #3664 by pshkong
Thank you.

It's seems there are multiple ways to do the same thing in deViation. For example, you can use a "safety" option to do the throttle hold, or your can do use a mixer to do it (as suggested by the user manual, which use the Gear switch, if I understood it correctly). Therefore, I think its quite demanding to set up for beginners like myself.

More
06 Dec 2012 04:26 - 06 Dec 2012 04:29 #3691 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Bug Report - Devo 10, bug at throttle mixer
Min/Max (servo travel limits) is really useful feature and exists at every computer-based Tx I've seen (for RC car, aircraft). It prevents your servo binding for example in case of complex mixers that can output servo travel more than 100% (with scale=100%). Min/Max always have to be set at level when your real servo doesn't get stuck at its maximum posible travel (phisical limits of model). For test you can temporarily set scale=150%.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2012 04:29 by vlad_vy.

More
06 Dec 2012 20:36 #3714 by pshkong
Then I'm confused with the scale part. Say, if Min/Max is -/+ 150, and scale is 100, does it mean a 1% move in the stick is translated to a 1.5% gain in the output?

More
06 Dec 2012 20:44 - 06 Dec 2012 20:45 #3715 by FDR
Min/max are only limits. They don't effect the output value until it exceeds either of them.
The scale multiplies the channel value just before applying the limits.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2012 20:45 by FDR.

More
06 Dec 2012 20:55 #3717 by pshkong
Sorry for my ignorance, but doesn't it conflict with the "scale" when setting the mixer curve? Say in 1-to-1, if I set scale to 60 there, does it have the same effect as I set the scale to 60 here?

More
06 Dec 2012 21:11 #3719 by FDR
If you have only one mixer page, and the scale is less or equal to 100, then it's the same.
However the mixer scale's maximum is 100%, while the channel's final scale can be up to 250%.
The scale on the mixers are for setting the proportions across the mixer pages, while the channel's scale is to adjust the servo travel.

More
06 Dec 2012 21:12 #3720 by pshkong
umm... I start to understand the logic. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds