Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo

More
07 Dec 2012 04:13 #3727 by Rain4LA
The Tx and MSRX binded fine. (I had to switch the settings on a couple of channels so the rudder works on the left and aileron works on right) But the problem I'm having is the toilet bowl effect. It does not occur when flying with a DX5e, but when binded with my 8s, it starts swirling, and continues to just pick up momentum. Have you heard of this issue? and is there anything I can do?

I'm using the 4-channel simple template from the fs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2012 06:31 - 07 Dec 2012 06:33 #3735 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo
How many channels do you use at Deviation Tx? Set the channels to 6 or 7, and rebind.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2012 06:33 by vlad_vy.

More
08 Dec 2012 15:40 #3791 by Rain4LA
Replied by Rain4LA on topic Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo
Yeah, I've got it set to 7 channel - the way the template is. I knew that the 4 channel setting was problematic. I just don't know what would be in the settings to cause this swirling.

More
08 Dec 2012 15:57 #3793 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo
I can't help you fix the issue, but in the next release, using 4 or 5 channels in the tx should work properly.

More
08 Dec 2012 19:41 - 08 Dec 2012 19:51 #3800 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo
Thats a strange one.. post your ini file, and just to confirm, you are using mode 2 on your tx correct?

If you have DSM as the protocol and mode 2 I don't know why you had to switch the rudder and aileron.

Another thing to check, if you have recently copied over an upgrade and you replaced your tx.ini file, you will have to re-calibrate the sticks. I'm in the habit of doing it after every upgrade now.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2012 19:51 by Hexperience.

More
09 Dec 2012 05:39 - 09 Dec 2012 05:41 #3804 by Rain4LA

Hexperience wrote: Thats a strange one.. post your ini file, and just to confirm, you are using mode 2 on your tx correct?

If you have DSM as the protocol and mode 2 I don't know why you had to switch the rudder and aileron.

Another thing to check, if you have recently copied over an upgrade and you replaced your tx.ini file, you will have to re-calibrate the sticks. I'm in the habit of doing it after every upgrade now.

I don't know why I had to switch them either. I'm using this to fly a lot of helicopters. Several Walkeras, a Nano cpX, a 130X, and this mSRX. It's really frustrating - because the momentum of the swirling just keeps building until it very hard to land safely. I would really like to be able to use the Devo for this helicopter. I can hardly bring myself to fly it with a DX5e, but it's the only way it'll fly straight.
Hey Hex, I attached the .ini file. (I was originally having a hard time getting anything to work until you told me to use a 7 channel setting in another thread) I know I ended up posting this in the wrong area. Sorry.
Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it.

By the way, I'm planning on keeping this Tx (8s) and (awesome)firmware. I'm in the process of putting together components for a 480 build, so if you have any ideas on a Rx that would be exceptionally compatible with this configuration, please pass it along.

Thanks again,
Todd

EDIT: Yes, it's set on mode 2
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Dec 2012 05:41 by Rain4LA.

More
09 Dec 2012 06:29 #3805 by Rain4LA
Actually, now I really don't know what's going on..... I was wanting to practice before going to bed, and my Phoenix is totally flipping out. I have everything set up the way Hexperience posted. It's been working perfectly - and I even posted how much I appreciated it, and how well it was working. Now, it's like there's a huge headwind blowing the heli back upon take off, or that the elevator is pulled all the way back. The only thing I did differently was calibrate my sticks per instructions on the prior post.

Sorry to be a pain and thanks again. :huh:

More
09 Dec 2012 06:34 #3806 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo
make sure all the trims are set to center when calibrating..might try to recalibrate again to see if it corrects the issue..

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
09 Dec 2012 10:44 #3812 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo
Rain4LA,
do you use the last posted firmware (PB published a new one which correct a tirm issue, look at THIS ).

More
09 Dec 2012 12:38 - 09 Dec 2012 12:43 #3816 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo
Rain4LA, have a look at the channel monitor in the Devo. (Press the TX setup button and go right a couple of pages.) How to the bars look there? Are they all lined up in the middle?

And yes, one of the latest builds had an issue where you couldn't calibrate the sticks. I never had that one on my radio, so I don't know how it reacts. As rbe2012 said try the latest build.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Dec 2012 12:43 by Hexperience.

More
09 Dec 2012 13:38 #3817 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo
I didn't say this in my other post, but the test firmwares I've been posting won't work with Phoenix. They are compiled with debug enabled which will interfere with Phoenix operation most likely, since the debug info is sent on the trainer port.

More
09 Dec 2012 14:44 #3820 by Masterless
Replied by Masterless on topic Toilet bowl effect on MSRX unique to Devo
Hello,
I am new to the Forum so hope you do not mind if I mention that the same effect is being seen with a Solo Pro 127 Flybarless. It works fine on the J4 Pro TX but exhibits the same as described above. I should mention I am not on the newer V2.x Firmware and have a Devo 6S.

Thanks,
David

More
09 Dec 2012 16:48 #3824 by Rain4LA
Thanks again guys. I'll try the newer build later today and report back. (My Phoenix was working so good till last night????)

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds