Defuse upgrade tool problems

More
10 Dec 2012 16:21 #3854 by Freezywilly
Defuse upgrade tool problems was created by Freezywilly
This has come up before so I am reopening it.
I am trying to use either windoes 8 or winsows 7 64 bit to run defuse. I got it to work once but I can't get it to work again.
The defuse tool window opens but it will not recogonize my devo 10 transmitter. Same on both versions of windows. Conneect usb turn on transmitter and nothing happens. Been at this for a couple of hours now and total faillure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2012 21:45 - 10 Dec 2012 21:46 #3859 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Defuse upgrade tool problems
Are you seeing the "STM Device in DFU mode" in device manager? If not, you might need to re-install the driver. It should be under USB controllers.

I'm using Win7 64bit OS.

Also, what is the screen of the devo 10 showing when you power it up? I have a devo8 but I assume you hold the EXT button and power up on the devo 10 as well? Is the radio showing it's in programming mode?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 10 Dec 2012 21:46 by Hexperience.

More
10 Dec 2012 23:06 #3860 by Freezywilly
Replied by Freezywilly on topic Defuse upgrade tool problems
mutter mutter (facepalm) EXT key dummy
This what you get when you get up in the morning and your mind stays in bed.
For those still reading I did the upgrade with windows 8 and it works fine.
On to discovering the magic of throttle and pitch curves. This is going to be fun.

More
05 Feb 2013 15:52 #6052 by kmewes
Replied by kmewes on topic Defuse upgrade tool problems
I need to add some info to this topic. My Devo 8S was not recognized by the DfuSe tool at some point anymore. I discovered that new hardware, a Logitech K400r wireless USB keyboard, that I added was the culprit. Or more likely the USB driver associated with it. When I disconnected the adapter, i.e. disabled the driver, the transmitter was recognized again. So for anybody out there having problems with this issue, check the other USB devices attached to your PC for driver interference. I am looking into this, if there is a way to make the devices 'peacefully' co-exist. Best Regards.

More
18 Feb 2013 03:35 #6502 by gapi
Replied by gapi on topic Defuse upgrade tool problems
Version 1.5 would not work on mine, Win7 x64 Pro. I loaded V1.4 and she is doing great.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds