Fixed ID doesn't work with Minicp FW1.2

More
12 Dec 2012 17:06 #3933 by suvsuv
Lat week I had my minicp's RX returned to the Walkera to fix an issue of not sending Temperature telemetry data . Today when I got the RX back, I found that it can't bound with fixed-id . I did further test and now I believe that the current implementation of fixed-id binding doesn't work with latest minicp's FW(By using the UP02 tool, I figure out that the minicp RX is flashed with latest FW v1.2).
1) I could bind this minicp's RX(It was flashed v1.1 FW, downloaded from Walkera's website) with fixed-id in the past.
2)Now the RX can only be bound in non fixed-id mode. However, this minicp RX can still bind in fixed-id mode if using devo10's Factory FW (DEVO-10 Fw v0.6A.dfu + DEVO-10 Lib v0.2.dfu). So the lastest minicp's FW is still compatible with existing factory FW of devo10
3) I could bind a RX1002 RX in fixed-id mode with our latest deviation FW, which means the latest deviation FW is fine in fixed-id mode with old RX's FW.

PB, could you take a look at this issue? It seems the current fixed-id's binding packets are not fully compatible with Walkera's.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2012 20:11 #3946 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Fixed ID doesn't work with Minicp FW1.2
I'll look into it, but I don't have a UP02, so I can't upgrade my Mini and thus can't actually verify. I guess I'll look into getting one too.

More
12 Dec 2012 20:26 #3948 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Fixed ID doesn't work with Minicp FW1.2
I assume that you cleared any existing fixed-id on the RX with the bind plug first? I only mention it because it's a bit different than binding with other systems and might not be obvious to everyone.
And, I don't have a Mini CP to confirm that, but all the other walkera stuff I have works that way.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
13 Dec 2012 00:39 #3962 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic Fixed ID doesn't work with Minicp FW1.2

Hexperience wrote: I assume that you cleared any existing fixed-id on the RX with the bind plug first? I only mention it because it's a bit different than binding with other systems and might not be obvious to everyone.
And, I don't have a Mini CP to confirm that, but all the other walkera stuff I have works that way.

Of coz I used a bind plug to clear fixed-id before binding the RX. I verify it several times by using latest deviation, V2.0 deviation and very early version of deviation. All of these releases can bind with the RX if not setting a Fixed-id. The factory TX FW has no any issue to bind in Fixed-id mode.
The only difficulty for PB to reproduce the issue is that minicp's 1.2 FW is not released in Walkera's website. I will contact Walkera's customer support to see if I can get this FW.

More
13 Dec 2012 04:35 #3973 by PhracturedBlue
Can you provide an ini file? Since I can't test with a real heli, anything you can provide will help a bit. Also, have you tried different numbers of channels? specifically 6, 8, 10, 12? These do impact the protocol, and I'd like to be sure none of them work. I will order an UP02 so at least I'll be able to upgrade some day. does it happen if telemetry is both on and off (I assume yes on this given the versions your've tested)?
I'll also put the logic-analyzer on the original firmware and compare results to Deviation and see if I see any differences visually. It may be a couple of days until I can do that though.

More
13 Dec 2012 05:19 #3974 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Fixed ID doesn't work with Minicp FW1.2

suvsuv wrote:

I think that version, shown on the upgrade tool is the hardware version, not the fw!
That's why it won't change after the fw upgrade...

More
13 Dec 2012 05:54 #3976 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: Can you provide an ini file? Since I can't test with a real heli, anything you can provide will help a bit. Also, have you tried different numbers of channels? specifically 6, 8, 10, 12? These do impact the protocol, and I'd like to be sure none of them work. I will order an UP02 so at least I'll be able to upgrade some day. does it happen if telemetry is both on and off (I assume yes on this given the versions your've tested)?
I'll also put the logic-analyzer on the original firmware and compare results to Deviation and see if I see any differences visually. It may be a couple of days until I can do that though.

I did many tests yesterday with different release versions, also between the factory FW and deviation. Sure I will do more test with different channels as per your suggestions, will let you know more result by the weekend.

More
13 Dec 2012 06:02 #3977 by suvsuv

FDR wrote:

suvsuv wrote:

I think that version, shown on the upgrade tool is the hardware version, not the fw!
That's why it won't change after the fw upgrade...

That shouldn't be hardware version. The RX board I received back is exactly the one I sent it to Walkera, simply because I can recognize solder bumps that I make to connect a BLHeli ESC to MOSFET pin and VCC/GND in the RX.

More
13 Dec 2012 07:21 - 13 Dec 2012 07:22 #3982 by suvsuv
Already got the latest FW1.2 for the Minicp from a customer support guy in Walkera. This is not an urgent issue as I believe I might be the 1st user using this FW, but we still need to figure out what is changed in the binding packets in order to support Walkera's future RXes.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Dec 2012 07:22 by suvsuv.

More
13 Dec 2012 13:56 #3986 by PhracturedBlue
suvsuv. I assume you have the UP-02 adapter to convert the phono-plug to the right connector for the MiniCP?
Can you take a voltmeter and see if it is just a map from one of the phono-pins to one of the micro pins? And if so, which pins are connected? I am going to try to see if i can get my CP2102 to work as a UP02, but I don't know which pin is receive/send/ground on the Rx even though I know the answer for the Tx.

More
13 Dec 2012 16:12 - 13 Dec 2012 16:15 #3987 by crasy666
Replied by crasy666 on topic Fixed ID doesn't work with Minicp FW1.2
@ suvsuv:

did you test the new FW 1.2? any chances on the flight behaviour?

Rgds

Wolfgang

edit just compared the two bin files:
1.1 is 23739bytes big
1.2 is 32739bytes big.

which RX do you have, the one with on potentiometer, or the new with two see that photo:
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Dec 2012 16:15 by crasy666.

More
13 Dec 2012 16:25 #3988 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: suvsuv. I assume you have the UP-02 adapter to convert the phono-plug to the right connector for the MiniCP?
Can you take a voltmeter and see if it is just a map from one of the phono-pins to one of the micro pins? And if so, which pins are connected? I am going to try to see if i can get my CP2102 to work as a UP02, but I don't know which pin is receive/send/ground on the Rx even though I know the answer for the Tx.

Yes, I have the UP02 adaptor. But I am on a trip currently, and will get the pin information for you after I back home during the weekend.

More
13 Dec 2012 16:27 #3989 by suvsuv

crasy666 wrote: @ suvsuv:

did you test the new FW 1.2? any chances on the flight behaviour?

Rgds

Wolfgang

which RX do you have, the one with on potentiometer, or the new with two see that photo:

I was stuck in binding with Fixed-id yesterday so I don't test its flight behavior yet. But it was very stable in the past. My RX is the old version with on potentiometer.

More
16 Dec 2012 13:33 - 16 Dec 2012 13:41 #4037 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: suvsuv. I assume you have the UP-02 adapter to convert the phono-plug to the right connector for the MiniCP?

Please check out the images for pins info., The 2 red pins are not used

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Dec 2012 13:41 by suvsuv.

More
18 Dec 2012 05:47 #4074 by PhracturedBlue
no luck with my cp2102. I ordered a up02 and adaper. should be here by the end of the week.
Question: If you bind with stock firmware, will it connect with Deviation using the same id? If so, it means binding is the issue and not the transmission.

More
18 Dec 2012 07:34 #4075 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: no luck with my cp2102. I ordered a up02 and adaper. should be here by the end of the week.
Question: If you bind with stock firmware, will it connect with Deviation using the same id? If so, it means binding is the issue and not the transmission.

I had the RX sent back to Walkera this morning, so I can't test it with your above steps until I get it back next week.

I tried the RX with channel# from 6 to 10, none can bind in fixed-id mode.

More
18 Dec 2012 14:47 #4088 by PhracturedBlue
do you think the firmware is safe to install? That is, did you send it back due to firmware issues or hardware failure?

More
19 Dec 2012 00:34 - 19 Dec 2012 00:34 #4109 by PhracturedBlue
well, I spent some time comparing traces between the stock firmware on a devo10 and deviation and I don't see any differences in the traces (besides that deviation pretends to be a devo12 even when it is only sending 10 channels, which is by design). Once my UP02 comes in, I'll flash my MiniCP to 1.2 and see if I can reproduce.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2012 00:34 by PhracturedBlue.

More
19 Dec 2012 04:25 #4111 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: do you think the firmware is safe to install? That is, did you send it back due to firmware issues or hardware failure?

The firmware is safe as I had it flashed to minicp RX by myself twice, and I don't see any difference before and after flashing.

The reason I sent back the RX is the heli's tail can not be locked not matter what gyro sense is set

More
21 Dec 2012 13:28 #4153 by suvsuv
Today I got back my Minicp RX , which is replace with a totally new one by Walkera. The new minicp rx is still flashed with the latest 1.2 FW. I finally figure out that the 1.2 FW only allows to set fixed id the same as the id bound from non fixed-id mode(verified in both deviatiaon v2.1 and stock FW ). So it is not deviation's issue :) .

Next week I will contact Walkera's CSR about this binding bug in the FW 1.2

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds