2.1.0: "None" as mixer and switch input forbidden?

• rbe2012
  • rbe2012's Avatar Topic Author
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
20 Dec 2012 20:30 #4148 by rbe2012
Maybe I have missed something, but I was quite surprised when I read the 2.1.0 release notes:

Mixer no longer allows 'None' as an input

Ok, I can understand that normally it does not make sense to have no input - unless you use "fixed" as rule for calculation. In this case the input does not matter and could even be "none".
But I saw that I can not use "none" as a switch for a mixer and I think this would be a bug if true.
It can be reproduced by
  1. load an empty model (from 2.1.0-filesystem)
  2. load template 6-chairplane
  3. edit throttle channel to complex
Here you are: a switch is given (AIL) and no option to choose NONE. This happened to my older models too (quick check; did not test if they fly as I expect).
Please correct me if I am wrong, but this seems to me as if I have always a dependency from one other input for every channel, at least if I use complex mixing. Is this the intended behaviour?

I think it would be better to invent one or two new "virtual switches": ALWAYS_ON and maybe ALWAYS_OFF (no idea what it could be good for beneath debugging).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2012 22:49 #4149 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic 2.1.0: "None" as mixer and switch input forbidden?
Rather than inventing a complex solution, I'll just fix the bug that prevents 'None' from being allowed on the switch. I don't believe there is ever a reason to ever allow 'None' as the src though

• rbe2012
More
21 Dec 2012 11:05 #4152 by rbe2012
Agreed!
For source and fixed value mixer there is every source as good as "none" would be.
Thank you for correcting the switch issue.

More
15 Jan 2013 20:25 - 15 Jan 2013 21:12 #5045 by Masen72
Any update/workaround on this? My throttle gets completely erratic when I fly in normal mode since I cannot set "None" as switch.

My workaround has been to always fly in FM01... but I keep crashing. ;-)

EDIT: I selected FM0 as switch and now it all works fine...

Thanks for the telemetry fix btw. Works neat!

Solo Pro 270 // Mini CP // Super CP // Devo8S
Last edit: 15 Jan 2013 21:12 by Masen72. Reason: Added fix/workaround

More
16 Jan 2013 03:56 - 16 Jan 2013 03:57 #5052 by vlad_vy
For my opinion, while 'None' as a source for complex mixer is not mandatory, it's confusing at many cases. I think will be better restore 'None' as a choice for source.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2013 03:57 by vlad_vy.

• rbe2012
More
16 Jan 2013 06:48 #5053 by rbe2012
This should be fixed since 3 weeks. You can get a newer build here: 2.1.07303bd23902 (just for testing!).

More
16 Jan 2013 11:32 #5057 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic 2.1.0: "None" as mixer and switch input forbidden?
PB fixed that. However, a little bit later with the addition of the standard mixer, a reboot bug was introduced. To be honest, I can't recall if the version I posted had the reboot bug. (this reboot bug is only when changing the switch in the complex mixer, not while flying or any other time.)

I've fixed my version with a change from suvsuv's repo. I'll post that in the builds thread, but I have only tested on an 8s.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
16 Jan 2013 11:49 #5058 by sbstnp

Hexperience wrote: I've fixed my version with a change from suvsuv's repo. I'll post that in the builds thread, but I have only tested on an 8s.

I have the same fix but for Devo10 if anyone needs an updated build.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
16 Jan 2013 12:05 #5060 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic 2.1.0: "None" as mixer and switch input forbidden?
I've just posted the builds using suvsuv's fix.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/1310-de...n-2-1-0435334-x#5059

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds