Copying config.files

More
28 Dec 2012 20:03 #4338 by bigde
Copying config.files was created by bigde
Hi....I'm new to all this and when I discover the work being done here I didn't hesitate toy buy a devo8s. I've downloaded and installed everything to my TX and it's all good. The only problem I had was to copying files (model configuration). I could not save over a model slot ini.file. I don't know why. I had to open both files and copy & paste the info inside the file and delete the old one. I have window 7 and not sure if this is the reason why I couldn't copy over it. I've tried renaming the file but did not work. The only way for me was to copy and paste the info inside the file. But it works that way.
Thanks a lot, I appricate all the work being done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2012 20:14 #4339 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Copying config.files
It should work, but I haven't tried it on a Windows 7, because I don't have one.

If you simply want to copy one of the configs on the tx to an other slot, then there is a function for it, which should work: change the "Load..." button of the model config page to "Copy..." and press...

More
28 Dec 2012 20:31 - 28 Dec 2012 20:32 #4341 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Copying config.files
I have windows 7 and have no problems with copying the files.

Does it show up as a removable drive or something different?

Windows 7 doesn't apply permissions to FAT partitions. You don't have it as FAT32? I don't think it would even work if that was the case, but might be something to check.

Also, when you formatted it the first time, and copied over the file system, you didn't get any errors right?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 28 Dec 2012 20:32 by Hexperience.

More
29 Dec 2012 01:49 #4348 by bigde
Replied by bigde on topic Copying config.files
Copying configs on the tx to an other slot file in the tx is no problem. Its downloading ini. files and saving them in my pc and renaming them. I don't have that same file format text incon when resaving. Thats why I open in my computer model10 for ex. and open your file from forum and copy and paste the info. Then I put it in models folder. I know it doesn't make sense what I doing but it works. Like I said before I'm new to this(started xmas eve).

More
29 Dec 2012 02:01 - 29 Dec 2012 02:02 #4349 by bigde
Replied by bigde on topic Copying config.files
I'm answering my self....Ive tried again from forum righ clik on the file and use -save target as and it works. I have the same file format. Then just rename it..all good now.... my bad. :sick:
Last edit: 29 Dec 2012 02:02 by bigde.

More
29 Dec 2012 04:53 #4351 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Copying config.files
Ah yes... the dreaded "show file extensions". So you were saving them as model1.ini.txt ? Or something like that?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds