Is is possible that my 8s is just BAD?

More
08 Jan 2013 16:17 #4842 by Rain4LA
I know that I've posted a few times over here about problems with my Devo 8s. I'm a self-admitted newb, but I'm not completely clueless. That being said, I am extremely frustrated (again) and am starting to wonder whether I may have a bad transmitter. It's constantly doing things that don't make any sense. I'm having the hardest time keeping it binded with the Blade helicopters. And the Nano keeps acting like it's shorting out, or will seem kind of half-binded - but the blades won't spin. (If I bind it with a Spektrum,it works) This isn't the way it's always been... There have been good periods of time where all is well. The other thing is that I like to practice on Phoenix every night before going to bed. My Phoenix has gone back to acting crazy too. It's like the trims are way off and there's some kind of crazy crosswind pushing it in odd directions and the camera wants to folow it in weird ways. It literally makes it impossible to fly. I'm not sure what to make of any of this - but man, I could sure use some help. I don't want to be a problem child over here - I just want to get things working right! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
08 Jan 2013 16:38 - 08 Jan 2013 16:41 #4843 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Is is possible that my 8s is just BAD?
Rain4LA,
I feel with you. It's frustrating not to know if it's your tool or yourself playing mad...

I had similar reaction with ma Nano when I first bound it to the Devo8s (deviation 2.0 was the newest). I read a lot and tried still more and came to a config which is near by the one I got with the rtf-DX4e. When you look at it you will see that Blade uses channels only half the way (+/-60%) and the full way (+/-100%) for special functions.
Perhaps you have seen it here: #4629 . Perhaps you give it a try, although it can not explain the pain you have with Phoenix.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2013 16:41 by rbe2012. Reason: channel ways

More
08 Jan 2013 17:19 #4845 by Joshua
Replied by Joshua on topic Is is possible that my 8s is just BAD?
Try Calibrate Sticks again. (Transmitter config page)
It helps a friend.

ciao, Bernd

More
08 Jan 2013 17:48 #4847 by Rain4LA
Replied by Rain4LA on topic Is is possible that my 8s is just BAD?
Thank you, guys. I have tried re-calibrating the sticks, but I'll try again. I'll also try the different setup for the Nano. (I really like the way the 8s feels, and don't like the way the Spektrum feels, so I'm determined to make this work!)
I really do appreciate the help!

More
09 Jan 2013 11:48 #4854 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Is is possible that my 8s is just BAD?
I really like the 8s as well.

-Nano, check that when you bind, you are holding the throttle stick down and to the right. This will make sure the nano is in "computer radio" mode.

-Phoenix, the PPM settings sound like they have changed (maybe defaulted). Re-calibrate the sticks and phoenix then keep an eye on it to see if it starts going weird again.

-It could be physical. I'm not a hardware expert, but you could open it up and check that all the gimbals are connected well. I've heard of loose connectors or cold solder joints, but that was on 9X radios. It could happen...

Did you make any changes before this started happening? Update the firmware or access the USB file system?

Weird...

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
11 Jan 2013 21:57 #4937 by Rain4LA
Replied by Rain4LA on topic Is is possible that my 8s is just BAD?
Thanks Hex, I just now saw that you posted. No, I didn't make any changes. It seems really temperamental. For some reason - The Phoenix thing is okay. I'm using a different computer till the new power supply comes in the mail for my Sony. The one it came with was going bad and getting hot. I think it was having weird effects on things... I'll keep an eye on it.
Changing the setting helps with the Nano, but I'm always having to rebind with any of my Blade helicopters.
I really appreciate your help.

More
12 Jan 2013 05:29 - 12 Jan 2013 05:38 #4938 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Is is possible that my 8s is just BAD?
I have notice that Blade helis (DSMX) not always bind from the first time with DSM2 Tx. Not only Deviation but any DSM2 Tx. I need power on Blade heli two or tree times to bind.

Deviation with DSMX protocol support always bind with Blade helis from the first time.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2013 05:38 by vlad_vy.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds