Lag in the complex mixer?

More
19 Jan 2013 19:46 #5199 by MatCat
Lag in the complex mixer? was created by MatCat
Last night I tried to redo my programming for a specific plane of mine, I was switching the mixers from simple to complex so that trims would work properly, but then I found dangerous lag on any channel with a complex mixer, I.E. move the stick and it can take up to 2 seconds for it to get to the plane! On the radio you can even see this lag on the channel indicator bars, though in the mixer the blue dot on the curve moves in real time...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2013 19:53 #5200 by MatCat
Replied by MatCat on topic Lag in the complex mixer?

More
19 Jan 2013 19:55 #5201 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Lag in the complex mixer?
Do you have a servo speed value set? something is very wrong if you have lag and aren't using servospeed.

The current code is interrupt driven and should update every 5msec.

More
19 Jan 2013 19:58 #5202 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Lag in the complex mixer?
your video helps some. Updating the screen is really slow, the graph cannot react in real time to rapid movement. This may or may not actually impact the actual radio transmission, but certainly should not once you leave the mixer page. Do you continue to see the issue after leaving the mixer?

More
19 Jan 2013 20:47 #5203 by MatCat
Yes the lag is the same reguardless of page on, and actual servo movement corrisponds to what you see the black graph showing... Servo speed I believe is 0 which is the default value.

More
20 Jan 2013 05:08 #5228 by MatCat
Ok there is some serious craziness in the mixer... I noticed the switch defaults to AIL in complex mixer, I experimented by setting it to AIL DR, now with it set to a DR switch and that switch is ON the channel functions normally, if the switch is off that channel will not function at all, I assume being set to aileron originally it would work sometimes because sometimes aileron stick was moved around... straight up odd behavior!

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds