Stop binding mode for WK2x01 by stick movement?

More
28 Jan 2013 23:01 #5684 by MikroHeliPilot
Stop binding mode for WK2x01 by stick movement? was created by MikroHeliPilot
Hello all,

the old Walkera transmitters (2401, 2601 and 2801) had a nice feature regarding binding. The binding sequence usually was:
1) Power on transmitter
2) Power on model (or vice versa)
3) Wait for model's servos to twitch/beep
4) Move elevator or aileron stick to stop binding mode
5) Fly

This way one could fly directly after binding and there was no need to wait for the timeout.

In Version 2.1.1 of Deviation it seems that one has to wait for binding timeout before flying. The checkbox doesn't cancel binding but allows using the menu system before timeout.

Is there already a way to achieve this?
=> If not - how about implementing this feature (cancel binding by stick movement) like WK2x01 does?

MikroHeliPilot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2013 23:10 #6066 by MikroHeliPilot
Replied by MikroHeliPilot on topic Stop binding mode for WK2x01 by stick movement?
Hello all,

no comments on this one? Should I just file it as improvement suggestion in bitbucket?

MikroHeliPilot

More
06 Feb 2013 00:55 #6068 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Stop binding mode for WK2x01 by stick movement?
yep, file an enhancement request. It isn't too hard to implement, though not all protocols will support it.

More
24 Feb 2013 19:55 #6982 by MikroHeliPilot
Replied by MikroHeliPilot on topic Stop binding mode for WK2x01 by stick movement?
Great, I filed it and it became issue #283:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/i...wk2x01-and-others-by

Btw: Thanks for the great work. I really like Deviation. This way I can fly my old Walkera helis along with the new Blade nano CP X (DSM2) with the same transmitter. Without Deviation I wouldn't have bought my Devo 8S.

MikroHeliPilot

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds