Devo10 with Orange 615 DSM2 RX mixed-up channels

More
15 Feb 2013 08:06 #6397 by rexless
Greetings.
I have just built out my DIY Armattan Quad. I am running Deviation 2.1.0 on my Devo 10 tx. I've setup model2 as a plane and I have it set to MODE 2. The orange RX is hooked up to my KK2 flight controller. When I boot up the Devo10 It looks like it has the elevators set for the left stick vertical movements with throttle set to right-stick vertical movements - which looks like Mode 4. I confirm the model is not set to Mode 4 - it is set to Mode 2.

I've searched the menus high and low but I can't figure out how to get the throttle to be on the left. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
15 Feb 2013 08:28 #6399 by rbe2012
Would you please post your tx.ini and the relevant modelXX.ini? This will make healping easier.

More
15 Feb 2013 09:55 - 15 Feb 2013 10:31 #6400 by vlad_vy
When you change default protocol from DEVO to DSM, channels mapping doesn't change automatically, you need remap channels manually -> Ch1= Src. Throttle, ch2= Src. Aileron, ch3= Src. Elevator, ch4= Src. Rudder. At Mixer -> mixer type page.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2013 10:31 by vlad_vy.

More
15 Feb 2013 16:23 #6409 by rexless
Greetings!
I'm new to deviation and to this forum. I've attached the 2 requested files.

I looked in the mixer over and over but I can't figure out how to remap the channels. I'm going to try copying model2.ini to model3.ini and see if I can get model3.ini to work.

Do the ini files all have to be on one line or can I format the file so it's more human readable?

Thanks!
Attachments:

More
15 Feb 2013 17:11 - 15 Feb 2013 17:14 #6411 by vlad_vy
You need to use UNIX style text editor.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...con-in-ini-file#6344

File Attachment:

File Name: model2_2013-02-15.ini
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2013 17:14 by vlad_vy.

More
15 Feb 2013 18:06 - 15 Feb 2013 19:04 #6412 by rexless
Excellent I've installed Notepad++!
I now have the Throttle coming out the throttle port on the rx.

I'm looking at the receiver test screen and the ailerons and elevators seem reversed. Throwing the RH stick to the left shows up as right on ailerons. Throwing the RH stick forward shows up as back on the elevators. I've used the mixer to reverse these 2 inputs.

Now that is sorted I'm discovering a strange thing. I don't know if it's TX, RX or KK2.
I've run the stick calibration.
When all sticks are centered, the KK2 is reporting:
-7 Aileron
-7 Elevator
0 Throttle (idle)
-7 Rudder
-7 Auxiliary

This seems to be throwing off the signal range - for example:
If I throw the sticks:
Aileron fully to the left = -100 (left)
Aileron fully to the right = 86 (right)
Elevator fully forward = -100 (forward)
Elevator fully back = 86 (back)

I checked my trims and they are all at 0.

Again thanks for helping this newbie get going.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2013 19:04 by rexless. Reason: Forgot to mention I have tried calibration

More
15 Feb 2013 20:25 - 15 Feb 2013 20:26 #6416 by rexless
Ok, so I've gone and setup sub-trims to get the KK2 to show 0's. Is this the correct way to do this or is there something wrong with the calibration of the Devo 10?

The max range I'm seeing in the KK2 receiver test is now +/- 93
Throttle only goes to 90. Even the gear switch (ch5) only goes to 86. It now gets self-level to engage so I guess that's fine.

I'm not sure if this is correct or if I should be trying to get the receiver test to see a full 100 on each channel?

Also, is there a dictionary for model.ini options? I'd like to try assigning some functions to my array of switches to try and get to understand this devention setup better.

again, thanks for your help!
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2013 20:26 by rexless. Reason: Added current model ini file.

More
16 Feb 2013 00:33 #6420 by rexless
What I thought was max and min limits is called scale. I now can get +&- 99% on all channels. Now to figure out why the heli just wants to do a flip instead of hover.

Strangely the throttle hold was working and now it stopped. Not sure what I did there.

More
16 Feb 2013 19:33 #6453 by FDR

rexless wrote: What I thought was max and min limits is called scale. I now can get +&- 99% on all channels. Now to figure out why the heli just wants to do a flip instead of hover.

Strangely the throttle hold was working and now it stopped. Not sure what I did there.

If you use the scale values to reach over 100%, the receiver/controller board calibrates it's throttle range to it, however the safety value will stay only -100%.
You should use an additional complex mixer page for throttle hold if you use scale values on the throttle channel more then 100%, because the fixed -100% value of the mixer page will be scaled too unlike the safety value...

More
16 Feb 2013 20:56 #6461 by rexless
I'm just getting ready for a maiden flight with the Armattan CNC 355. I was checking over the settings and found that the TX must have removed the safety settings. Here's what I have now - any suggestions, tips, or criticisms are most welcome. This deviation firmware seems pretty darn cool but I sure could use some help!

name=CNC355
icon=QUAD1.BMP
type=plane
[radio]
protocol=DSM2
num_channels=7
fixed_id=851625
tx_power=100mW

[channel1]
failsafe=15
scalar=120
scalar-=120
template=simple
[mixer]
src=THR
dest=Ch1
[mixer]
src=THR
dest=Ch1
switch=RUD DR
scalar=-120
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed

[channel2]
reverse=1
subtrim=-70
scalar=106
scalar-=106
template=simple
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2

[channel3]
reverse=1
subtrim=-66
scalar=106
scalar-=0
template=simple
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch3

[channel4]
subtrim=66
scalar=107
scalar-=107
template=simple
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4

[channel5]
subtrim=67
scalar=107
scalar-=0
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=GEAR
dest=Ch5

[channel6]
scalar-=0
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL DR
dest=Ch6

[trim1]
src=LEFT_V
pos=TRIMLV+
neg=TRIMLV-
[trim2]
src=RIGHT_V
pos=TRIMRV+
neg=TRIMRV-
[trim3]
src=LEFT_H
pos=TRIMLH+
neg=TRIMLH-
[trim4]
src=RIGHT_H
pos=TRIMRH+
neg=TRIMRH-
[timer2]
type=countdown
time=480
[safety]
Auto=min
[gui-qvga]
trim=4in
barsize=half
box1=Ch1
box2=Timer1
box3=Timer2
box4=Ch4
box5=Ch3
box6=Ch2
box7=Ch5
bar1=Ch3
bar2=Ch2
bar3=Ch1
bar4=Ch4
toggle1=ELE DR
tglico1=1
toggle2=AIL DR
toggle3=RUD DR
tglico3=2
toggle4=GEAR
tglico4=4
quickpage1=Channel monitor

More
16 Feb 2013 21:02 #6462 by FDR
What do you use the channel 5 and 6 for?

Also in theory you could simply use -100% for the throttle hold mixer page, the scale will make it -120% in the end...

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
16 Feb 2013 23:18 #6473 by rbe2012

rexless wrote: Now to figure out why the heli just wants to do a flip instead of hover.

Is this still open? Sounds as if the stabilization works in the wrong direction and amplifies any unwanted move instead of reducing it.

More
17 Feb 2013 06:32 - 17 Feb 2013 08:20 #6478 by rexless

rbe2012 wrote:

rexless wrote: Now to figure out why the heli just wants to do a flip instead of hover.

Is this still open? Sounds as if the stabilization works in the wrong direction and amplifies any unwanted move instead of reducing it.

Actually this was a simple mistake. When it started flipping I went over the wiring and found I had mislabelled the motors in reverse order. When I relabelled the motors and plugged them into the KK2 correctly she flew like a dream. I'm just uploading my maiden flight video to Youtube now.

FDR wrote: What do you use the channel 5 and 6 for?
Also in theory you could simply use -100% for the throttle hold mixer page, the scale will make it -120% in the end...

Ch5 is for engaging or disengaging self-level.
Ch6 I'm not using yet - but I'm going to try hooking up some orientation lights.
Thanks for the mixer info. I don't quite understand why that works but sure, if -100% is all I need then cool.

I just can't get over this setup. As a Linux admin for years I'm used to config files... I love that we can just open the ini file and make adjustments. This just seems so incredibly powerful and dangerous. I'll have to see if I can find a good post on dual-rates. Maybe make a low-med-high rate setup.

THANKS!!

Last edit: 17 Feb 2013 08:20 by FDR.

More
03 Mar 2013 13:12 #7282 by r1turk80
Here is a file for KK2 board you might find useful to try or edit.

You might need to change the protocol to dsm2 and set up your subtrims, rx leads in correct ports etc. description is on my latest post.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds