Verify, V911 Board Swap

More
16 Feb 2013 03:01 #6421 by DarkWolf
Verify, V911 Board Swap was created by DarkWolf
For the new version of the V911 with the new style of battery, there was nothing changed with the TX board, correct? So I can make use of it as planned, pull it and transplant into my Devo 8S without issue?

Just wanted to check before I start hacking things apart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2013 03:54 #6423 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Verify, V911 Board Swap
I don't know myself. I remember someone saying the new V911 was incompatible with the old TX, but I don't have one so I can't say for sure.

More
16 Feb 2013 15:10 #6436 by DarkWolf
Replied by DarkWolf on topic Verify, V911 Board Swap
Guess I'll have to split the TX and check for verification on what board it uses. I did pull the back, just to peek. The board is much smaller than I'd expected, but I guess that's just the fact that looking through the PDF on a 23" widescreen makes it look MUCH bigger. :)

I'll dig in and give it a shot.

More
16 Feb 2013 16:01 #6438 by DarkWolf
Replied by DarkWolf on topic Verify, V911 Board Swap
Hey PhracturedBlue, mind if I pick your brain not on this subject?

Was wondering if you could enlighten me on the proper way to set up a buddy box in DeViation. My 7 year old is showing more and more interest in the hobby and I want to pick up a cheap TX for him to use linked to mine.

Can I use a cheaper Devo (4?) and link them? Or another brand? Also, could not find any trainer settings, but perhaps I'm overlooking them.

I understand how to use it via PPM on a flight sim, but as a buddy box, I'm still uncertain.

More
16 Feb 2013 19:28 #6452 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Verify, V911 Board Swap
At the moment, there is no way to use Deviation as a trainer. It is one of the things on my task list, but not as yet developed (though one of the forum members did a bunch of work in this direction already)

So you can use it as the trainee box (by configuring PPM), but cannot use it as the master.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds