Standard vs advanced devo10

More
21 Feb 2013 21:18 - 21 Feb 2013 21:19 #6728 by blackmoon
Standard vs advanced devo10 was created by blackmoon
I'm having a hard time with the standard vs advanced stuff

I read about standard GUI and standard mixers.

Are they the same ?

Same thing with Advanced GUI advanced mixers

If not mistaken, I read somewhere that Standard GUI is based on Advanced mixers, so I'm a little lost.

Is there a kind soul who could explain this to me in simple terms ?

On another note, I can't seem to have the "load templates" on the model page as said on the devo10 manual.

Even tough I used the virtual machine from sbstnp to compile the latest build, I think the script points to PB repository.

So how do you load templates ?

Hope this is the right place for this kind of questions.

Thank you.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2013 21:19 by blackmoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2013 03:37 #6753 by gapi
Replied by gapi on topic Standard vs advanced devo10
New myself I find the Standard mode to resemble the Walkera OE Devo 10 interface. I love it.

I can't help you with the templates. I have never seen one and don't have a clue what they are for.

What manual are you reading? The Walkera or the Deviation. Good luck with either.

More
22 Feb 2013 05:31 #6758 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Standard vs advanced devo10

blackmoon wrote: I'm having a hard time with the standard vs advanced stuff

I read about standard GUI and standard mixers.

Are they the same ?

Same thing with Advanced GUI advanced mixers

If not mistaken, I read somewhere that Standard GUI is based on Advanced mixers, so I'm a little lost.

Is there a kind soul who could explain this to me in simple terms ?

On another note, I can't seem to have the "load templates" on the model page as said on the devo10 manual.

Even tough I used the virtual machine from sbstnp to compile the latest build, I think the script points to PB repository.

So how do you load templates ?

Hope this is the right place for this kind of questions.

Thank you.

When you selected 'Load...' on the Model Setup Page, press left key/right key to cycle through options. You'll get 'Templates'.

My virtual machine and script points to PB's repo, that' correct.

No, standard vs advanced:

1. Standard is made to resemble what you would find in Walkera's original firmware. It is targeted towards beginners and atm suited for helicopter use and not very plane friendly (I think you can do simple 3 and 4 channel planes, no advanced mixing).

2. Advanced interface is what PB implemented originally and here you benefit from the full power of Deviation. To use it you have to know what channels you have and their purpose, besides the basic 5 (THR, ELE, AIL, RUD and GEAR) you won't see labels(for PITCH for example, you have to know which channel is) and it allows you to swap sources for each channel if you need to or have complex mixers (operations like addition, multiplications, absolute value, min/max).

I can only suggest to use Standard if you are a beginner, but at the same time try to understand and learn Advanced it will benefit you in the long run.

Hope I cleared things up for a bit. Print the manual and keep it close.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
22 Feb 2013 07:39 #6767 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Standard vs advanced devo10
One thing more: standard gui and standard mixer belong together (same with advanced). It's a combination of an easier to use user interface with less powerful configuration options, but sufficient to start with, esp. for those who are used to Walkera/Devo.

More
22 Feb 2013 12:13 - 22 Feb 2013 12:17 #6791 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic Standard vs advanced devo10

sbstnp wrote: When you selected 'Load...' on the Model Setup Page, press left key/right key to cycle through options. You'll get 'Templates'.

I understand what standard and advanced mixers are, I was just confused with the GUI, because some talk about GUI and others about Mixers.

So when someone talks about standard GUI it's the same as talking about standard mixers, the terms are interchangeable.

Same with advanced GUI = advanced mixers.

Thank you for the explanation.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 12:17 by blackmoon.

More
22 Feb 2013 12:59 - 22 Feb 2013 13:00 #6799 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Standard vs advanced devo10

blackmoon wrote:
I understand what standard and advanced mixers are, I was just confused with the GUI, because some talk about GUI and others about Mixers.

So when someone talks about standard GUI it's the same as talking about standard mixers, the terms are interchangeable.

Same with advanced GUI = advanced mixers.

Thank you for the explanation.

Yes, this is due to the fact that the GUI to setup 'advanced mixer' is only reachable when you are progamming in the 'Advanced Mixer GUI'.

So I think we can say that:
'advanced mixer GUI' = 'advanced mixer'
and
'standard mixer GUI' = 'standard mixer'

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 13:00 by domcars0.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds