Complex menu.. replace.add. multi..etc how about-

More
24 Feb 2013 04:53 #6918 by shadow
I was tiring to set up differential on the ail. and could not get it right I might be missing something but I was thinking maybe a subtract in the complex menu like the add. because once the stick moves to the negative side add takes away from the movement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2013 05:31 #6919 by sbstnp
Add with a negative offset is same as subtract.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
24 Feb 2013 05:56 #6921 by vlad_vy
You can use Curve:>0 and Mux:add.

With Src: normal or reverse, Curve: >0 or <0, you can get any other necessary combination.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
24 Feb 2013 06:40 #6925 by rbe2012

sbstnp wrote: Add with a negative offset is same as subtract.

I think "negative scale" is meant. Also you can invert the used input by clicking on its button (a "!" will appear/disappear).

More
24 Feb 2013 21:16 #6993 by shadow
Ok I didn't try that one yet will try it when the plane is flyn again :(

vlad_vy wrote: You can use Curve:>0 and Mux:add.

With Src: normal or reverse, Curve: >0 or <0, you can get any other necessary combination.

More
24 Feb 2013 21:23 #6994 by shadow
I tried that and it didn't seem to work well as it would cause one ail to move correct then the other to move not as I need it to... Basically I need the right ail to move less than the left during a right bank and visa verse on the left bank. I have figured a way to get it to work by reducing the max of one side of the input example. 3 point -100 ,0 , 80 that way the as one side moves toward -100 the other side move toward 80. But I don't think this is ideal way to set it up.

I attached my file

Thanks

rbe2012 wrote:

sbstnp wrote: Add with a negative offset is same as subtract.

I think "negative scale" is meant. Also you can invert the used input by clicking on its button (a "!" will appear/disappear).

Attachments:

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
25 Feb 2013 07:29 #7018 by rbe2012
I tried to go through your model config (by looking at the text file) and it seems much too complex. Do you really need everything what is configured?
Nevertheless: I am not sure if I understood right: you have two aileron servos which should have different ways? So when the one moves 100%, the second should only move 80%? This would mean (for me) that you move some flaps (or how they are called correctly) which have different effects in the air; maybe one is bigger... As far as I understand in this case the servo movement should always be less on one side.
When you reduce max on one side this will lead to parallel movement unless you reach the reduced max value. Then one will stop moving, the other moves further until he reaches his max.
I think there were two better ways, one should help you:
1) Use scaling (directly at the output channel, not in mixer) to reduce the overall way of one servo. If you choose 80%, the servo will always move 80% of the way the other moves.
2) Use offset (in mixer, maybe with adding a constant (negative) value. This will lead to a different neutral position of one servo and reducing the air effect on this side. This will lead to a reduced effect all over the aileron servo ways.

More
26 Feb 2013 15:50 #7090 by shadow
Thank you for taking the time to read the ini. the program is very complex. I I have thought about that myself. But to give a run down of the setup.
Ch1 throt
ch2 elev
Ch3 right ail
Ch4 rudder
Ch5 gear
Ch6 left ail
Ch7 virt flaps linkef to mix switch

So to clarify when rolling right(right stick) right ail moves down xdegree and left ail moves up x degree
This can cause a roll off axis. Cause say right ail creates more lift than the left ail decreases lift. So to compansate for this you would have the left ail to move up say 10° and the right ail move down 8°. Now on left roll it would be left ail down 8° and right up 10° creating a roll around the axis.

The nutral points need to be the same. Also by just scaling to 80% dosnt give a even slope. Example at 0 stick position there is 0 offset at 50%stick you have10% and at 100% you have 20%. I am not sure if this would effect the roll axis at different stick positions as if it was a even offset of say 10% for whole slop except at 0.

I hope this makes it clearer or if im wrong in my thinking just say so...

Thanks for your time. I will have time tonight to fiddle with it some more

rbe2012 wrote: I tried to go through your model config (by looking at the text file) and it seems much too complex. Do you really need everything what is configured?
Nevertheless: I am not sure if I understood right: you have two aileron servos which should have different ways? So when the one moves 100%, the second should only move 80%? This would mean (for me) that you move some flaps (or how they are called correctly) which have different effects in the air; maybe one is bigger... As far as I understand in this case the servo movement should always be less on one side.
When you reduce max on one side this will lead to parallel movement unless you reach the reduced max value. Then one will stop moving, the other moves further until he reaches his max.
I think there were two better ways, one should help you:
1) Use scaling (directly at the output channel, not in mixer) to reduce the overall way of one servo. If you choose 80%, the servo will always move 80% of the way the other moves.
2) Use offset (in mixer, maybe with adding a constant (negative) value. This will lead to a different neutral position of one servo and reducing the air effect on this side. This will lead to a reduced effect all over the aileron servo ways.

More
26 Feb 2013 16:24 #7091 by sbstnp
You don't need scaling, you can have simple 3 point curves with middle point at neutral or if this isn't enough you can extend the number of point upwards to make the curve more complex.

Of course you mirror the curves on the 2 aileron channels and even throw flaperon in the mix.

PS: I'm sure it's just a typo but if right aileron is moving down it creates lift so you actually roll to the left.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
26 Feb 2013 16:40 #7094 by shadow
Yep it was a typo of sort. More just not thinking correct at the moment but yes right down would go left. :)
I will give it a go this evening when I get home. And the real test is filght now only if I can get a day of no rain or 20mph winds..

Thanks again

More
26 Feb 2013 17:42 #7101 by vlad_vy
You can setup two virtual channels with source=AIL and use virt1 and virt2 as a sources for aileron channels.

Differential 30%

[virtchan1]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt1
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt1
scalar=-30
muxtype=add
curvetype=less-than-0

[virtchan2]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt2
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt2
scalar=-30
muxtype=add
curvetype=greater-than-0

More
26 Feb 2013 23:32 #7118 by shadow
Ok I want to say Thank you to all that Helped. I tried the suggestions but they didn't work for my setup. Or at least the way I have programed the other curves etc. So not saying the others will not work they just didn't work here. I came up with this due to all the input given.

This is what I ended up doing the following:

added a virt ch and made a basic slope with add
then added in complex menu of each ail channel the scr of virt ch
done. it increases the angle of flaps in only 1 direction and if i need it in the other direction just inverse switch in the ail channels. This makes it easy to change the diff by having it in one virt channel.

[channel2]
subtrim=100
scalar-=0
template=complex
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=FMODE0
scalar=40
curvetype=expo
points=40,40
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=FMODE1
scalar=50
usetrim=0
curvetype=expo
points=35,35
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=FMODE2
scalar=60
usetrim=0
curvetype=expo
points=30,30
[mixer]
src=Virt1
dest=Ch2
switch=MIX1
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
[mixer]
src=Virt1
dest=Ch2
switch=MIX2
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=expo
points=0,0
[mixer]
src=Virt2
dest=Ch2
switch=GEAR
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=expo
points=0,0
[mixer]
src=Virt4
dest=Ch2
switch=AIL
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

[channel6]
scalar-=0
template=complex
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
switch=FMODE0
scalar=40
curvetype=expo
points=40,40
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
switch=FMODE1
scalar=50
curvetype=expo
points=40,40
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
switch=FMODE2
scalar=60
curvetype=expo
points=40,40
[mixer]
src=!Virt3
dest=Ch6
switch=MIX1
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
[mixer]
src=!Virt3
dest=Ch6
switch=MIX2
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
[mixer]
src=!Virt2
dest=Ch6
switch=GEAR
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=expo
points=0,0
[mixer]
src=Virt4
dest=Ch6
switch=!AIL
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

[virtchan4]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt4
scalar=10
usetrim=0
curvetype=expo
points=0,0
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds