Deviation emu port for Android

More
26 Feb 2013 10:14 #7071 by Mullson
Deviation emu port for Android was created by Mullson
Have any body bin thinking about how to port the emulator to Android? If so Is it possible, or is it to hard?
I cant do it but I think it would be really god to have. For convenience making ini settings when ever and saving battery power.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Feb 2013 10:37 #7072 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Deviation emu port for Android
I am not sure if this would really bring a benefit. I have no USB at my phone to move the model files. Most users will rather own a pc / notebook than exclusively android devices.
It would make a lot of work, the complete gui code (now fltk is used) would have to be made new. Maybe there is a gui framework for Android which could be used. Next problem will be the inputs. They will have to work completely different.

My conlusion: it's not worth the power. We have sufficient work to do for a while...

More
26 Feb 2013 10:56 - 26 Feb 2013 10:59 #7074 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic Deviation emu port for Android
You can use one like this:

costs 1-2$ you know where.
I think it really could help especially for 7e and 10. I don't mean instead of the PC version more like a compliment or alternative.
I didn't know it was that hard.
For input couldn't you just use the touch screen?
It could work more like a ini editor with a gui?
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Feb 2013 10:59 by Mullson.

More
26 Feb 2013 13:24 - 26 Feb 2013 13:25 #7080 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Deviation emu port for Android
I really will never understand how people can setup there TX without it connected to the RC machine? Setup an rc model is so mechanical and electronical dependent?
On my point of view Emu is very usefull (and sure has been made ) for deViation development, in any case I will use it to setup my machines.
How can you setup travel adjust without to see movement of servos arm ? How can you setup curve pitch without measuring the pitch ? How can you setup subtrim without to look the arm servo ? How can you setup swashplate without to look at it? etc ..

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 26 Feb 2013 13:25 by domcars0.

More
26 Feb 2013 13:56 #7084 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Deviation emu port for Android
Sure would be fun though....

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
26 Feb 2013 14:37 #7086 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Deviation emu port for Android
Gonna get flamed but should bring a smile,

Hardware hack a bluetooth onto the Devo then you could update the ini from your ipad/similar wirelesslessly to the tx - now THAT WOULD BE THE SHIZZLE AT THE FIELD!

Adelaide

More
26 Feb 2013 14:50 #7088 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Deviation emu port for Android

stevecox wrote: Gonna get flamed but should bring a smile,

Hardware hack a bluetooth onto the Devo then you could update the ini from your ipad/similar wirelesslessly to the tx - now THAT WOULD BE THE SHIZZLE AT THE FIELD!

Even better: hardware hack a WiFi module into the DEVO! ;)
It could be used to control wifi models, and of course you could reach the filesystem too...

More
26 Feb 2013 16:27 #7092 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Deviation emu port for Android
But if you hack a BT or WiFio module into your devo you need to remove the button and the display, cause you don't need it anymore. :silly: Long live battery life!!!1

While I really appreciate 'crazy' ideas (they always make me smile) I must ask myself why people would need an Android app when they have everything they need on their radio? :whistle:

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
26 Feb 2013 17:04 - 26 Feb 2013 17:11 #7095 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Deviation emu port for Android
They simply can not live without beloved Tamagotchi.
Last edit: 26 Feb 2013 17:11 by vlad_vy.

More
26 Feb 2013 17:13 #7096 by Hexperience

sbstnp wrote: While I really appreciate 'crazy' ideas (they always make me smile) I must ask myself why people would need an Android app when they have everything they need on their radio? :whistle:

The idea is to use your android phone as the display for a devo7e or 10, then stick it with some double sided tape over the lcd. That way it looks like a devo12 and even has touch screen! :)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Feb 2013 17:17 #7097 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Deviation emu port for Android
If we queeze the frontend a little (say 320x240), we can add a few dials on the free space of the android phone. And some tablets are running android too, let us make the new gui for 1920x1200.

More
26 Feb 2013 17:25 #7099 by Hexperience

Attachments:

More
26 Feb 2013 17:54 #7102 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Deviation emu port for Android
OK, as I see that everyone here is now completly crazy :S , I want to put my plasma screen instead of the screen of my devo10 ... so please PB : at work!

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
26 Feb 2013 18:52 #7104 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Deviation emu port for Android

Hexperience wrote:

:)

thats not a stupid idea! Been done with Frsky+bluetooth can have Frsky hub or Multiwii both google maps.

More
26 Feb 2013 19:43 #7107 by sbstnp
I bet that if I come up with some sort of "bling kit" including some Swarovski crystals and golden screws for the 7E I'm gonna get rich in no time :whistle:

Sorry Devo12 owners no kit for you!!!1

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
26 Feb 2013 19:48 #7108 by Hexperience

SadSack wrote:

Hexperience wrote:

:)

thats not a stupid idea! Been done with Frsky+bluetooth can have Frsky hub or Multiwii both google maps.

I know.. Ive done it.. My other radio is a 9x frsky...

More
26 Feb 2013 19:59 #7111 by sbstnp

Hexperience wrote: I know.. Ive done it.. My other radio is a 9x frsky...

I know FrSky is on PB's list. And courtesy of twaithm I have a very nice CC2500 module waiting for me in my drawer :)

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
28 Feb 2013 01:06 #7149 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic Deviation emu port for Android

domcars0 wrote: I really will never understand how people can setup there TX without it connected to the RC machine? Setup an rc model is so mechanical and electronical dependent?
On my point of view Emu is very usefull (and sure has been made ) for deViation development, in any case I will use it to setup my machines.
How can you setup travel adjust without to see movement of servos arm ? How can you setup curve pitch without measuring the pitch ? How can you setup subtrim without to look the arm servo ? How can you setup swashplate without to look at it? etc ..

I would think you could call it Dimensions...

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds