Template - the way it applied

More
03 Mar 2013 07:12 - 03 Mar 2013 07:15 #7265 by vlad_vy
Template - the way it applied was created by vlad_vy
I think will be better if template change only items/channels what listed in template, and doesn't change other items/channels, as template do it now. Now template reset all unlisted channels and listed channels without setup (with channel name only). It will be useful for create/import stand-alone complex mixes (elevon, V-tail and so on).
Last edit: 03 Mar 2013 07:15 by vlad_vy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
03 Mar 2013 10:02 #7275 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Template - the way it applied
I think in this case there must be an option if the rest should be resetted (or the config resetted before applying the template) or not (simple yes/no dialog). Otherwise you will have non-predictible behavior.

More
03 Mar 2013 13:35 #7285 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Template - the way it applied
This has been on my to-do list for a while. In er9x, the templates act as you describe. But as rbe said, we ned to be careful since applying the 'wrong' template could really mess up your configuration. Especially if you are bound to a model when you do (which would generally be a very poor idea). The templates themselves could have a flag to determine if they are full or partial.
and in the partial case we'd need to ensure you never apply a plane template to a heli or vice-versa.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds