trims don't work with other mixer than complex

More
07 Mar 2013 07:51 #7472 by Niphargus
Hi,

first of all I wanna thank everybody working on this groundbreaking project that ends up the mess with a separate TX for each protocol and unlashes all the power of the Devo hardware.

I'm running a Devo 8s with nightly build devo8-6a9107f380fe

I did a helicopter setup as described in the heli setup section of the users manual and everyting worked fine except the trims for ELE, AIL and RUD.
THR trim is working with an effect of +- 10% in steps of 0.1% on the output, which would perfectly fit my needs on ELE, AIL and RUD.

The only obvious difference between ELE mixer and THR mixer was THR is a compex mixer and ELE is a Expo&DR mixer. To check that out I set up the ELE, AIL and RUD mixers as compex with two pages, one of them with the corresponding DR switch and one without.

That way the trims worked as expected on ELE, AIL and RUD. But as I did a crosscheck in setting up ELE, AIL and RUD as Expo&DR again, the trims did not have any effect on the corresponding outpus again.

So it seems the trims do not have any effect on the Expo&DR mixer but are working with the complex mixer.

Can anybody please help me on that issue? Did I mess up something with the Expo&DR mixer?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
07 Mar 2013 08:00 #7473 by rbe2012
I don't have my Devo8 here but when I remember correctly the trims are activated by standard for the four stick inputs. You can switch them off in the complex mixer.
Are you sure that they have no effect? Try to set a bigger value per step, say 1% to have bigger effects.
Also: when you have a fbl heli the fbl control might reduce / eliminate the effect.

More
07 Mar 2013 08:32 #7475 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic trims don't work with other mixer than complex
I think that if you switch off the trim on a complex mixer and then change this mixer to something else (simple , DR/Exp. ..) , the trim stay off.
Not sure and can't try it now cause I'm not at home, but I believe...

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
07 Mar 2013 08:51 #7477 by Niphargus
Replied by Niphargus on topic trims don't work with other mixer than complex

domcars0 wrote: I think that if you switch off the trim on a complex mixer and then change this mixer to something else (simple , DR/Exp. ..) , the trim stay off.
Not sure and can't try it now cause I'm not at home, but I believe...

Tried this some minutes ago and you are perfectly right. Switching off trim on complex mixer and then changing to an other mixing mode results in not working trim.

Thanks very much for your help

Thomas

More
07 Mar 2013 14:15 #7486 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic trims don't work with other mixer than complex
That is not the desired behavior. Please fiel a ticket on bitbucket so that I can address this when I have some time.

More
07 Mar 2013 21:35 #7496 by Niphargus
Replied by Niphargus on topic trims don't work with other mixer than complex

PhracturedBlue wrote: Please fiel a ticket on bitbucket so that I can address this when I have some time.

Sorry, don't know what your talking about :whistle:
But I think Domcars0 will do that ;)

More
07 Mar 2013 21:37 #7497 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic trims don't work with other mixer than complex
It's done :cheer:

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds