Relative Beginner has Simple Question...!

More
15 Mar 2013 01:34 #7766 by john23
Hello all, I'm new to this forum, and fairly new to the world of RC Helis. It started with a goof gift of a Syma107-like clone, then several V911/9958 type helis, then a Genius CP V1, and now a Mini CP brushless, with a Devo 10. Now I'm seriously interested in Blade helis, such as n MCPX, Nano CPX, or maybe even the new MCPX BL or 130X...

My (perhaps stupid) question is this: If I install the Deviation Software, will I still be able to control my Mini CP, and say a Nano CPX, basically like switching between models? I was told on another forum that installing the Deviation software on my Devo 10 means I can't use it to control Walkera Helis anymore without re-initializing or re-installing the Walkera firmware! That it's an 'either/or' situation. This seemed ridiculous to me, but he was insistent, so I thought I'd go to the source and ask...

I confess I haven't dug super deep looking for the answer, I figured it was likely a quick yes or no question for all the knowledgeable guys on here!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2013 01:54 #7767 by gapi
You were told wrong. From what I see you will be able to fly all those you have listed and your Walkeras.

Each model you create has a setting to choose the protocol. You will go into Model setup and choose the DSM2 protocol for your Blade helis and the DEVO or WK2801 or WK2401, WK2601.

More
15 Mar 2013 02:39 #7769 by john23
Replied by john23 on topic Relative Beginner has Simple Question...!
I was pretty sure that had to be the case, but I'm glad to hear it confirmed. Thank you for your information, I do appreciate it.

I have handled a number of different TX's, and I'm quite happy with my Devo 10, more so now that I know I'm not as limited as the manufacturers would seemingly like me to be! I'm amazed by, and grateful to, the genius who put this together, totally on his own time, and the other geniuses who all helped create this, and offer it to us all, for free... Seriously, Kudos to all of them!

I'm ordering either the Nano CPX or possibly the MCPX BL, even tho it'd be a big step up, tomorrow! Better start setting up my Devo 10 this weekend....

More
15 Mar 2013 18:01 #7792 by gapi
Go to this link to see a video of Tom Z going through a setup and learn some of the ways to use it.

Also in the Nightley builds and in the next release there is a Standard mode thats more basic.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...-genius-cp-master-cp

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds