SOLVED - Throttle channel sticking

More
19 Mar 2013 00:01 - 24 Mar 2013 02:18 #7906 by gabeo
SOLVED - Throttle channel sticking was created by gabeo
I searched around and can't find an answer to this. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

With my Devo 8S, sometimes on multiple different models, the throttle channel will be delayed and/or stick when in FMODE0 with a -100 to 100 curve. For example, at low stick, it will read -100 for throttle channel, and the heli will not spin. I then will move the stick up, say to mid stick, and the throttle channel will continue to read -100. I leave the stick there and wait a few seconds, then suddenly the throttle channel will jump to wherever it should be depending on the throttle curve and stick position. The heli will start to spin up. I then put the stick back down to its lowest point, but the throttle channel continues to read output, and does NOT return back to -100. After a few seconds, it finally will drop down to -100. I use the main screen channel indicator to see what the throttle channel is actually at.

Restarting the TX doesn't fix it. The only way I can get it to work right, is to do a stick calibration. It instantly is fixed after that, but then randomly, the issue will come back. It's very random, when it shows up.

It's not a huge issue with my helis because I pretty much always fly in FMODE1 or FMODE2 with a flat throttle curve. But I'm just worried that this is going to happen when I'm flying my DJI 450 quad, since it is flown in FMODE0 with a curve like this.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2013 02:18 by gabeo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2013 01:52 #8021 by gabeo
Replied by gabeo on topic Throttle channel sticking
I have a hard time believing I'm the only one with this issue.

More info I've discovered: it has to do with channel output for the throttle. In the throttle curve page, moving the stick DOES show throttle being increased normally. However, output still shows -100.

More
24 Mar 2013 02:19 #8023 by gabeo
Replied by gabeo on topic Throttle channel sticking
Nevermind, just figured it out. Somehow all of my models had "AIL" for the switch instead of FMODE0 in the complex throttle mixer.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
24 Mar 2013 12:39 #8039 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Throttle channel sticking
There has been a version (don't remember if it was an official one or one of the experimental builds) where choosing "NONE" as switch was lost and replaced with the first found (AIL DR). Is has been fixed in later versions.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds