Plans for Tactic 2.4GHz/ SLT protocol?

More
01 Apr 2013 16:50 #8371 by jvulte
I am blown away that my DEVO8S can now connect to almost every receiver in my house! :)

only thing that I can't bind to it yet is my Heli-Max 1SQ quadcopter. For the Spectrum radio, I have to use the Tactic AnyLink adapter. http://www.motionrc.com/tactic-anylink-slt-2-4ghz-universal-radio-adapter/?gclid=CLHwqqv2qbYCFQdU4AodTn0A4g Is that format already available and I didn't see it? Is there plans to add this protocol in the future?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2013 18:03 #8380 by ColdFire
Replied by ColdFire on topic Plans for Tactic 2.4GHz/ SLT protocol?
The RF chip is nrf24L01, so not currently supported. I heard that PB has a proposal of making a universal RF board that contains every common RF chip used, but it doesn't sound to be any time close.

More
01 Apr 2013 18:07 #8381 by DarkWolf
Replied by DarkWolf on topic Plans for Tactic 2.4GHz/ SLT protocol?
I'd expect at least a year+ on any R&D plus actual production... So don't look for that one any time soon.

More
08 Apr 2013 09:24 #8739 by jvulte
Replied by jvulte on topic Plans for Tactic 2.4GHz/ SLT protocol?
LOL,.. np. 3.0 ROCKS!!!! thx much guys!!! all of my concerns of 2.1.1 have now been addressed!!! WOOT!!!!!

More
10 Apr 2013 02:56 #8814 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Plans for Tactic 2.4GHz/ SLT protocol?
The whole idea of the Tactic anylink is that you can plug it into any TX, and the price is not unreasonable. I mean, for about $15 shipped I've been buying modules for experimenting with the frsky protocol, and fir $25 at my local hobbyshop I picked up an anylink. (And I have another one that was included for free with a plane).

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see it in deviation, just that for me it's low priority because I can already fly tactic planes with my devo12... ;)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
10 Apr 2013 03:04 #8815 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Plans for Tactic 2.4GHz/ SLT protocol?
Once I have the nrf24l01 module working in a devo radio, I'll look at this since I have all the hardware for it. I haven't done enough testing to see what options we have for it...The nrf24L01 is an annoying chip to use for us due to the extra pin it needs.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds