Devo 6s and Deviation 3.0.0 Question

More
06 Apr 2013 00:20 #8605 by 3d-wanna-b
Devo 6s and Deviation 3.0.0 Question was created by 3d-wanna-b
I was wondering if this (WLToys protocol extensions) means it will bind with all the WLToys quads and heli's? Just purchased a couple of the V959's and was going to go with the Flysky FS-TH9X radio because I know it will bind. If the devo6s will bind I'll go with it????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2013 02:40 #8607 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 6s and Deviation 3.0.0 Question
You need to do a hardware mod to support the v959 (see here: www.deviationtx.com/repository/Documenta...uleInstallation.pdf/ ), but yes it is fully supported. The v922 and the V202 are not supported though.

More
06 Apr 2013 05:18 #8610 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Devo 6s and Deviation 3.0.0 Question
3d-wanna-b, just some useless info, I have 2 x th9x one heavily modded with telemetry the works. Although they are and probably will be close to my heart for a long time I can tell you once you have a Devo you will be bitten once Deviation is on it, they are hard to put down :-) If you do still want a th9x maybe go for the 9xr, there is less/no modding to do to be able to flash alternate software on to it. For Deviation, I first got a Devo8s I like and use it almost daily, but can be a fag in direct sunlight with no shade around if you need to change some settings at the field. It really is a treat to set up a model on it though. I just recently got a Devo10 to get around the sunlight thing, this is a sterling radio and for the price what can I say. My wife is gonna kill me but I myself have been eyeing the Devo6s for weeks now in search of a physically smaller radio, personally I don't fancy too much soldering all the hacks on the 7e else I would choose that, but I am probably going to get the Devo6s one of these days when the wife isn't watching :-) I would fancy the smaller radio to mess around at home in the garden and keep in the car for the small heli's, quads etc. Do bear in mind the 6s is physically smaller than the th9x. All said, I am pretty confident you will be happy with any of the Devo's thanks to Deviation!

Adelaide

More
06 Apr 2013 23:17 #8660 by JJ1984
Replied by JJ1984 on topic Devo 6s and Deviation 3.0.0 Question
Will it ever happen with deviation that we dont need the hardware modification to get the WL v911 to bind or is this just the way it is.

More
07 Apr 2013 00:00 #8663 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 6s and Deviation 3.0.0 Question
No there is nothing that can be done about it. The only possible alternative (that I'm aware of) is that we'll eventually develop a universal module that can be plugged into the existing module slot making the upgrade a non-solder solution. Don't hold your breath though

More
06 Jun 2013 06:43 #10632 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 6s and Deviation 3.0.0 Question
One thing to keep in mind is take deviationTx can control the camera on the 959, but (last time I checked) the various th9x software couldn't. With openTx you can auto flip the 929 and 939, but not the 949. I suspect deviationTx will be the opposite, but haven't verified that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds