Devo 10 and 3.0

More
07 Apr 2013 18:14 #8696 by buckp50
Devo 10 and 3.0 was created by buckp50
after upgrade to firmware 3.0 from 2.1.1 all my scales (right side of display) are blank on all mixer pages. Is this a bug or something with my transmitter. The devo 8 and 10 emulators work fine on my pc but if I transfer any models to my devo 10 all the scales are gone. The models that were built on 2.1.1 also lost all the scale displays on 3.0. They all are normal if I go back to 2.1.1

Any Ideas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2013 18:19 #8698 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Devo 10 and 3.0
Looks like you don't read the manual :huh: ? Did you update the filesystem to ?

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
07 Apr 2013 18:28 #8699 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Devo 10 and 3.0

domcars0 wrote: Looks like you don't read the manual :huh: ? Did you update the filesystem to ?

Nobody reads the manual :(

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
07 Apr 2013 18:41 #8700 by buckp50
Replied by buckp50 on topic Devo 10 and 3.0
I did update to the 3.0 file system but copied my finished models to the new file system. So you are saying I need to redo all my models with the new file system!

More
07 Apr 2013 18:49 #8702 by buckp50
OK, I got it. I didn't all of the filesystem to my transmitter the first time. Did it now and then rewrote the tx.ini and models. Works good.
Thanks

More
07 Apr 2013 18:50 #8703 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 10 and 3.0
To be sure you should save your old models, then completely replace your filesystem and make sure things work. Then put your models back once you are sure everything is installed properly.

Your old models should work fine.

I've clarified the requirements in the Changelog

More
07 Apr 2013 18:58 #8704 by buckp50
Thanks

More
07 Apr 2013 18:59 - 07 Apr 2013 19:08 #8705 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Devo 10 and 3.0

sbstnp wrote: Nobody reads the manual :(

That's what I see ... so please R.T.F.M.!
PB has wrote a nice manual, and I could say that writing a manual is something
which is not esay at all, it's a tidious job. He make it to help everybody to use deViation. So please, if you like deViation and want to help PB, read the manual, that will be your first contribution to the project!

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 07 Apr 2013 19:08 by domcars0.

More
07 Apr 2013 19:19 #8708 by buckp50
Thanks for your o so gracious reply! I read the original manual a couple of times and had no problems for the last couple of months. I downloaded and read the new manual earlier today but made a mistake in updating the firmware, hence my question. It took 2 seconds to answer my question and a lot of wasted time to write numerous messages to read the manual which I had already done. So ,once again thanks for all your gracious help.

More
07 Apr 2013 20:00 - 07 Apr 2013 20:01 #8712 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 10 and 3.0
As I've said before, I expect courtesy by everyone to everyone here. Not everyone is an expert, and it is not always obvious what needs to be done, or why it doesn't work when you think you've done everything right. That is the entire point of these forums is to help people having problems. I realize it can be frustrating being on the other side when it seems like each person is having the same problem everyone else does, but if that is the case, it is my fault, since obviously the instructions aren't clear enough if many people have the same issues. Don't take it out on the ones asking questions.

I want this forum to feel supportive so that people don't feel the need to PM me because they are scared of asking questions. That means everyone needs to try to be as helpful as possible (or just don't say anything if you don't feel you can do so). As I have shown before, I value courtesy over technical competence, and stand by those decisions.

buckp50 if you are still unable to get Deviation to work, please let us know. I believe the most likely occurrence is that something went wrong with your FS install. Make sure you back up your models 1st. Deviation should have no issue reading them, but it is always easier to start from a known working configuration to eliminate possible issues.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2013 20:01 by PhracturedBlue.

More
07 Apr 2013 21:59 #8720 by buckp50
I thank you for your help. I reinstalled the firmware and all the FS then transferred the models I wanted and everything worked OK.

Thanks Again

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds