emu - how2do

More
05 May 2013 05:33 #9576 by Gerhard_H
emu - how2do was created by Gerhard_H
Hi !

Sorry, but I don't know how to use that emu stuff.
Had downloaded the 10 and 8 emu, but they look the same (grey window with big USB sign and a lot of % values), and I have no idea what to do next. Haven't found any concerning docu also.
Thanks for advice in advance

Gerhard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
05 May 2013 06:39 #9579 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic emu - how2do
Hello Gerhard,
have you seen one of the many pictures here in the posts? They are in many cases screenshots of the emulator.
The emulator is used to play with and get experienced. There are some Devo10/7e-user who design their model files with a nice graphical, mouse-controlled interface (the one from Devo8) and move them later to their tx.
In your case something is going wrong. I had several issues with self-built emulators but I never had a USB sign (having the values on the right is normal). And they should not look equal. I believe that something with your installation went wrong.
You will need some DLLs to get it running on Windows (look here: DLL for emulator ).

More
05 May 2013 06:49 #9581 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic emu - how2do
USB sign means you have no filesystem that the emu can find. Create a folder for each emu, lets say Devo10, put the exe inside then download and expand the filesystem zip in the same folder. Make sure the filesystem isn't in a subfolder. You should have something like this:
emulator.exe
models/
modelico/
templates/

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
05 May 2013 06:58 #9582 by Gerhard_H
Replied by Gerhard_H on topic emu - how2do
Oooops - filesystem . . .
Of course - stupid me !
Thanks a lot !

Gerhard

More
05 May 2013 07:15 #9583 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic emu - how2do

sbstnp wrote: USB sign means you have no filesystem that the emu can find. Create a folder for each emu, lets say Devo10, put the exe inside then download and expand the filesystem zip in the same folder. Make sure the filesystem isn't in a subfolder. You should have something like this:

emulator.exe
models/
modelico/
templates/

No, actually the filesystem should be in the original '\filesystem\devoX\' directory...

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds