Module from Flysky FS-T6B??

More
16 May 2013 09:48 #10051 by toasthall
Module from Flysky FS-T6B?? was created by toasthall
Hi all,

I have just bought a Devo 10 and installed deviation on it yesterday. I have a fly sky fs-ct6b with a broken gimbal I was hoping to use the module from but it has a 5v input not a 3v.

Is it possible to still use the module? Is there a 5v rail somewhere I can use? I'm hoping to use this module for better range than the V911 module.

Thanks,

Dale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2013 09:56 - 16 May 2013 10:00 #10052 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Module from Flysky FS-T6B??
It's different from 911 (and other modules that can be used in Devo Tx), and has PPM in.

Last edit: 16 May 2013 10:00 by vlad_vy.

More
16 May 2013 12:15 #10053 by toasthall
Replied by toasthall on topic Module from Flysky FS-T6B??
Hi Vlad_vy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Dale

More
16 May 2013 17:34 - 16 May 2013 17:36 #10056 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Module from Flysky FS-T6B??
Though if you could pick up 5v somewhere could just use the ppm from the TX anyway. Depends if you are going to use ppm for anything else. Otherwise make up your own external module that will use the ppm and 5v if you find it. Going external you could use the ppm out, and power the module with a separate battery but only run a common negative with the ppm, becareful not to include the positive. Then use ppm out in the programming, plug your module in and you should be good to go. I wouldn't be too ambitious with the type of planes you fly at first, stick to the smaller BNF stuff and maybe small foamies till you can do some tests on range and reliability depending which route you take. Very very similar to using a HT8 module from HiSky.

Adelaide
Last edit: 16 May 2013 17:36 by stevecox. Reason: spelling

More
19 May 2013 08:44 #10108 by toasthall
Replied by toasthall on topic Module from Flysky FS-T6B??
Hi Steve,

Thinking on it I really have no need for extra range for the flysky protocol as I only have a couple of V911s and a V9x9 quad. For longer range stuff I can use my existing DSM recievers. Would be an interesting excersice though.

Blew my Devo 10 up the other night doing the V911 module mod, plugged the battery into the wrong socket on the mainboard :S Ah well I was really impressed with the radio and the custom firmware so I have ordered a new one. At least I will have spare parts.

Thanks,

Dale

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds