Sticky throttle hold, take 2

More
27 May 2013 03:22 #10332 by mwm
Sticky throttle hold, take 2 was created by mwm
last time this was raised in the wrong place, and the answer was "it needs virtual channels". Now that we have them - I still can't figure it out. For those not familiar with it, the idea is that throttle hold doesn't go off when throttle hold switch is turned off, but stays on until the throttle is at zero. This means that turning off throttle hold won't suddenly spin the props I'd the throttle isn't at zero.

Part of the problem is lack of examples for using virtual channels. This might make a good one.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2013 22:23 #10422 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Sticky throttle hold, take 2
I don't think that has as much to do with virtual channels as conditional switches. For example

if THR !< -99 VIR1 = -100 (or something to that effect.)

Until we have that kind of logic included then what you are looking for is rather hard, if not impossible to do.

This kind of thing is really powerful and why I love er9x so much.

I'm sure it will work it's way into Deviation in time.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
30 May 2013 03:13 #10432 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Sticky throttle hold, take 2
That's about what I'd decided in my attempts to do this - I couldn't figure out how to get that THR < -99 value from anything. Depending on how powerful the conditional switch system is, a virtual channel might also be needed. The OpenTx implementation of the sticky throttle needs (or needed when I found it) them.

This leads to another thought of mine: embedding a scripting language into deviationTx for such things. The processor has enough power to do this, but you probably don't want to run a compiler/interpreter on the transmitter.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
30 May 2013 07:09 #10441 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Sticky throttle hold, take 2
Your real wish (throttle hold waits until throtte low)will be hard to realize because the mixer system has no possibility to store values somewhere. It always reacts on actual values of inputs.

A interpreter will probably run on the mcu, but the code size and the gui for this might exceed its capabilities (besides the effort to implement).

More
30 May 2013 09:52 #10443 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Sticky throttle hold, take 2

rbe2012 wrote: Your real wish (throttle hold waits until throtte low)will be hard to realize because the mixer system has no possibility to store values somewhere. It always reacts on actual values of inputs.

This is what OpenTx uses a virtual channel for. One of it's inputs is itself.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds