Transmitter channel numbers?

More
29 May 2013 19:15 #10414 by sfcsoup
Transmitter channel numbers? was created by sfcsoup
What are the channel numbers on a transmitter?

I thought that it did not matter if you were in MODE1 or MODE2, the right stick was channel 1 and 2 (Up/Down 1 , Left/Right 2) and the left stick was channel 3 and 4 (Up/Down 3, Left/Right 4)

On the EMU screen (does not matter if I am in MODE1 or MODE2) the keyboard keys r/f (aileron) changes the values in channel 3 which is not what I thought the channel should be in MODE2. I expected it to change channel 2.

HELP!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2013 19:41 #10416 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Transmitter channel numbers?
Every radio transmit their channel data in some physical order.
We use this order to number the channels in deviation.
However these channels may have different meanings in the different protocols of the different vendors.
Walkera uses EATR (i.e. Ch1=elevator, Ch2=aileron, Ch3=throttle and Ch4=rudder) channel order, while Spektrum for example uses TAER, others use AETR.
Modes on the other side determine which stick controls the throttle, elevator, etc.

More
29 May 2013 19:58 #10417 by sfcsoup
Replied by sfcsoup on topic Transmitter channel numbers?
OK. I think I understand that.

However does that mean that as I change protocols in deviation my channel lineup will change, ie, TAER for DSMS, and EATR for DEVO? If so that would explain a lot why my motor runs
(prop off) when I think I am trying to change my ELE settings and other strange things. :)

More
29 May 2013 23:01 - 29 May 2013 23:07 #10425 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Transmitter channel numbers?
Exactly. If you change protocols you have to change the channel sources as well.

This is the order when you open a model, defaulted to devo protocol

This is what it looks like after you change to dsmx. Notice the channel names and the channel sources...

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 May 2013 23:07 by Hexperience.

More
04 Jun 2013 23:29 #10572 by RRacer
Replied by RRacer on topic Transmitter channel numbers?
On a related note, does it matter if I have all 12 channels activated in my model files?

Does that take up more transmission space/increase noise/increase tx current draw etc?

Pros and cons?

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds