Program switch to act like a momentary switch

More
19 Jun 2013 03:54 #11108 by Daryoon
Trying to figure out if this scenario is possible.

Flip the FMod switch down and it actually sends out a on-off sequence like a momentary switch.

This is a mix that will be helpful for the new Nano QX where switching between stability mode and agility mode is done via a momentary switch.

Or for turning on/off lights on the WLToys quads so one does have to toggle the switch on back to off.

Hope that makes sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
19 Jun 2013 10:44 #11111 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Program switch to act like a momentary switch
I have tried this a while ago and found it to be impossible (actually). Possibly you could trick around when you know well in which sequence the inputs are read and the calculations executed, but this would not be a stable solution.

Maybe it's easier to change a switch physically. You can buy switches which have a standard middle position, a fixed position in one direction and a back-flipping switch in the other direction. If you change a two-pos-switch (0/1) with such a three-pos-switch you would wire one of the two old wires to the middle pin and the other wire the both outer pins. Then you can have a real switch if pulling up and a push button when pushing down.
I have made this mod with my Devo8 and the rudder dr switch - it is quite easy done.

More
19 Jun 2013 13:43 #11117 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Program switch to act like a momentary switch
LOL. Ages ago. That means you were ahead of your time. ;) j/k

Switching out switch with a 3pos is one solution. But I was hoping some addition to the code can enable this function.

Because the mode switch is done with a momentary switch on the new Nano QX. Sometimes in flight, you forget which mode you're in. Because it's too far away to see the status LED of the quad.

With the ability to send that on->off sequence with each pull of the toggle switch, I will get a good physical indication that when the switch is down, Agility(stunt) mode is enable. When it's up, Stability mode is enabled.

It would be a great feature to have if it's possible to do in the DeviationX code. I am going to ping the er9x guys to see if such a mix is possible with their firmware.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds