Tamiya MFC / DMD and Carson Truck / Tank models

More
19 Jun 2013 17:42 #11128 by quintilio
Hi.
I would like to use a Devo 12S to control most (if ot all) my RC models, Air/Ground/Water.

I understand maybe no one else here uses a Devo to ground or water models, but I would like to.

I have done a lot of reading on the forum and only found issues to make it compatible with Tamiya Tractor trucks and Carson.

www.tamiyausa.com/product/category.php?sub-id=35000

www.carson-modelsport.com/en/products/tr...htm?sArtNr=500907093

Main board of the forklifit (I think it does not have an onboard RX so I could use any RX)
www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/katalog/en/1...0D-907093::5904.html

www.carson-modelsport.com/en/products/re...htm?sArtNr=500501001

www.carson-modelsport.com/en/products/re...htm?sArtNr=500501515

For those who do not know the trucks uses a Multifunction module (MFC). Looks like it works with 2.4ghz radio turnigy 9X (PPM mode only, PCM will glitch all channels) and Spektrum DX6i.

www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-pa...n-control-unit-56511

Questions:

Since it works with Spektrum DX6i will it work with a Devo 8S/12S with deviation? Or do I need to get anylink to Devo 8/12 trainer port with deviation?

A bit more complicated, I would also like to control a Carson Forklift which uses a Reflex Radio (looks like DSSS per the receiver) I will look inside it but aparently it has a separeted RX so not onboard and replacing the RX should make it compatible with Devo.

I would also appreciate if someone can explaing me about Fixed ID. If I use 2 models with fixed ID on, If I power on Model A but on the TX I am using model B, model A will not receive any signal and therefore will not move, but if I change to model A on the TX it will start receiving the signal and move. Is it how it works?

I appreciate your support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.025 seconds