ZD720 gyro

More
23 Jun 2013 22:26 #11265 by Pianobill1
ZD720 gyro was created by Pianobill1
Need help. I am trying to make work a ZD720 tail gyro with Devo10...rx1002. The gyro blinks red slowly which means no gain.

Does anyone have a config for this?

Much appreciated....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
24 Jun 2013 06:03 #11293 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic ZD720 gyro
Where did you connect your gyro? You define a mixer for this channel with "absolute" as input method and set the scale to the value you want. Add a second and third page if needed and assign a switch to them, also set absoluter values.
Keep in mind that in advanced mixer gui the value range is -100% to 100%, not 0-100% as in other firmwares.

More
24 Jun 2013 17:30 #11308 by Pianobill1
Replied by Pianobill1 on topic ZD720 gyro
I'm on channel 4 and 7(gain). I tried 5 for the gain as well. I also confirmed the servo into channel 4 of rx1002 works as well as the Gyro on another receiver (FlySky).
I see read what you are saying...but still having difficulty getting my head around Deviation. Thus the request for a config.

Just looking for a config so that I can get it to work....maybe then some of his stuff will make sense. :)

The heli is just a simple Hausler450 with tail gyro ZD720. I am working great on all other servos (ail,ele,pitch).

Thanks

• rbe2012
More
24 Jun 2013 19:56 #11314 by rbe2012

More
24 Jun 2013 22:58 #11315 by Pianobill1
So I tried the example configs and still the same result. I was aware of the last two posts...not the first. So I installed flyguy's ini from the first post...but same results. I have tested again the Gyro + substituted another servo. Could it be the gyro is not compatible with the rx1002?

I have uploaded the current config I am using if anyone wants to take a look....

Thanks for any help!
Attachments:

• rbe2012
More
25 Jun 2013 06:26 - 25 Jun 2013 06:27 #11330 by rbe2012
Your config looks a little bit weird...

(1) cyclic3 should be ch6, not 5, when yoyu connect your servos to ch1, ch2 and ch6 like usual (you're free to do whatever you want, but I am not sure what you have done in reality 'cause you mentioned you have ch5 for gain)
(2) ch6 gives always 0 - why?

Did you connect the components in your heli like this:
ch1 - ele servo
ch2 - ail servo
ch3 - esc for throttle
ch4 - rudder servo / gyro in
ch5 - gyro gain
ch6 - pitch servo

If so, you config should look like this (otherwise some channels changed):
1-ELE - cyclic1 as you have
2-AIL - cyclic2 as you have
3-THR - complex as you have
4-RUD - EXPO/DR as you have
5-GEAR - gyro gain as below
6-(PITCH) - cyclic3
Virt1-Virt3 as you have done

5-GEAR: select a switch to use (I usually take MIX), create a complex mixer with fixed curves and the values you want, e.g. on the first mixer page -50% without switch, on the second 0% (gyro off) with MIX1, on the third +50% with MIX2. Or (maybe easier) with a EXPO/DR mixer like this:

If you have the chance to switch the gain value you should easily see if switching the MIX changes anything (be careful - no gyro on MIX1). If so, everything is fine and you simply have to set the correct value(s).

Could it be the gyro is not compatible with the rx1002?

I don't think so. Have you tested the two frame rates (11 and 22ms) which should be selectable at the rx? This could be the only thing what could cause incompatibilities.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 06:27 by rbe2012.

More
25 Jun 2013 19:49 #11354 by Pianobill1
Thanks for your help and responses. One of the best forums I have been on in terms of member responses.

I took the config "as is" from the original author and put tail gyro on ch 4, pitch on 5 and gyro gain on 6. I also changed the config and then connected as you outlined. Still blinks slow red indicating no sens signal from rx.
Since I have a devo10, I do not use the tx to config. (no pretty pictures like devo8/12). I am learning Deviation from editing the config file and reading LOTS of examples. Maybe this is my mistake. I was thinking if I could only get a config that works, I could learn from that and mess around with values. I'm seeing I should have probably spent the extra $$$ and got a devo8 to learn from the menus.
After all the configs I have uploaded to this tx (too many to count) with EXACT results, I'm thinking it is worth looking at some compatibility issue. I just put on order for a HB730 including servo to see what that does. Should have end of week.

Once again, thanks for your help!

• rbe2012
More
25 Jun 2013 21:02 #11357 by rbe2012
Sorry, only little time now.
You can use the Devo8/Devo12 emulators to generate a config which can be used with Devo10 too - so you have a colored graphical interface. I like editing ini-files too but it feels much easier for me to make some changes in the gui and see how they look in the ini file to understand it.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds