Can't bind DSM2 on 7e and buzzing sound

More
30 Jun 2013 03:23 #11608 by Koo
Hey guys. Couple months ago I bought a super cp and got a devo 7e with it. I've done the diode mod and tested for increased range. However, I can hear some humming/buzzing with 10mw+ and it gets louder with an increased output.

Is this normal or am I frying my brains? :whistle:

Also, I just got my first ever DSM2 receiver today and tried binding it to the 7e. I'm running deviation 3.0 and I just couldn't bind it. I tried 10mw, 150mw, binding with the battery plugged into receiver, putting the battery to the receiver while tx was binding...

Nothing worked. Also tried in an environment with weak wifi signals and couldn't bind. I checked the data on the tx and it did have DSM2 and DSMX in the protocols folder. And yes, I did delete the fixed ID.

So in short, my questions are:
Is the buzzing sound normal?
How does the tx know what protocol I'm binding to?
Does the fact I'm using orangerx DSM2 make any difference?
How in the world do I bind to DSM2?

Thanks, I really appreciate all help. This is my second tx along 9x with er9x and it would be great to use cheap receivers with 7e.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2013 04:12 #11610 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Can't bind DSM2 on 7e and buzzing sound
silly question but you didn't mention you had the bind plug inserted into the rx...??

More
30 Jun 2013 04:26 #11611 by Koo
Replied by Koo on topic Can't bind DSM2 on 7e and buzzing sound
Hehe, that would have been embarrassing. I did have the bind plug inserted and the rx is flashing very rapidly.

More
30 Jun 2013 14:32 - 30 Jun 2013 16:11 #11634 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Can't bind DSM2 on 7e and buzzing sound
As I've a Devo7e with Deviation 3.0 and the diode mod, and also an Orange DSM2 RX, I've just made the test and it work's (it can bind). Did you well set the protocol to DSM2 in the Model config (because you ask the question :"How does the tx know what protocol I'm binding to?") ?
But yes you're right about the (very) small humming/buzzing noise which increase with the output power (this noise does not exist on the Devo10) , don't know if it's critical but it sounds like a component under pressure :( ?

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 30 Jun 2013 16:11 by domcars0.

More
30 Jun 2013 16:30 #11642 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Can't bind DSM2 on 7e and buzzing sound
i have this humming sound on my devo12s if i use the flysky protocol with my implemented ar7108 modul.
i think this comes from the voltage regulator.
hope this doesnt destroy something

More
30 Jun 2013 16:46 #11643 by Koo

domcars0 wrote: As I've a Devo7e with Deviation 3.0 and the diode mod, and also an Orange DSM2 RX, I've just made the test and it work's (it can bind). Did you well set the protocol to DSM2 in the Model config (because you ask the question :"How does the tx know what protocol I'm binding to?") ?
But yes you're right about the (very) small humming/buzzing noise which increase with the output power (this noise does not exist on the Devo10) , don't know if it's critical but it sounds like a component under pressure :( ?

It doesn't give me an option to set the protocol in model config. Maybe I don't have the deviation installed correctly after all.

More
30 Jun 2013 16:58 - 30 Jun 2013 17:12 #11644 by Koo
Here is what the folder looks like.
gyazo.com/988ea6d4ab73669c29af67e27d62a8b1

I don't think that protocols should be an external folder like it is there.

EDIT:
Found where I can select the protocols! Now lets try binding :)

IT BINDS! Wow, I'm so happy that I can use $5 receivers with 7e. So easy to program and deviationtx rocks!
I just didn't know where to change to protocol in model setup. There was nothing to guide me
Last edit: 30 Jun 2013 17:12 by Koo.

More
09 Oct 2013 21:19 #14397 by Khan
Replied by Khan on topic Can't bind DSM2 on 7e and buzzing sound
Hi !

I noticed the buzzing sound as well on my 7e, increasing with the output power setting.
I'm slightly concerned because the sound appeared just after installing Deviation 3.0.0 and loading a MiniCP profile, with no hardware mod at all.
Any hint on the source of the buzzing ?

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds