Suggestion, enhanced throttle hold.

More
03 Jul 2013 14:38 #11807 by Xermalk
Suggestion, enhanced throttle hold. was created by Xermalk
Hello, there's 2 features id love to see to enhance the saftey of the throttle hold.

First one is to only allow thold to be disabled if the throttle stick is at 0.

The second is to add a vibration and beep or short rising note when throttle hold is activated.

This would reduce the risk of accidental spoolup if you hit thold while moving the tx, and you would know if you hit it by mistake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2013 14:51 #11808 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Suggestion, enhanced throttle hold.

Xermalk wrote: First one is to only allow thold to be disabled if the throttle stick is at 0.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1953-ho...sticky-throttle-hold

More
03 Jul 2013 18:23 #11817 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Suggestion, enhanced throttle hold.
Agreed with FDR, if you really need it you can add it to your own model configs.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
03 Jul 2013 20:39 #11821 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Suggestion, enhanced throttle hold.
Can i still do this with the simplified/standard gui? or will i have to enable advanced adn redo my 6 heli setups?

More
03 Jul 2013 23:28 - 03 Jul 2013 23:28 #11826 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Suggestion, enhanced throttle hold.
you don't need to redo your setups when moving from standard to advanced gui, but you will need the advanced-gui for the solution provided.
Last edit: 03 Jul 2013 23:28 by PhracturedBlue.

More
03 Jul 2013 23:37 - 03 Jul 2013 23:37 #11827 by Xermalk
Is the sound feature when deactivating thold possible through the advanced gui to?
Last edit: 03 Jul 2013 23:37 by Xermalk.

More
04 Jul 2013 03:00 #11835 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Suggestion, enhanced throttle hold.

Xermalk wrote: Is the sound feature when deactivating thold possible through the advanced gui to?

If deviationTx has a generalized sound output feature, I haven't found it.

What I do is use the "Toggle" feature of the main page config to put a Th symbol on the screen when throttle hold (the sticky one) is active. At least you can tell when it's on that way.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Jul 2013 03:12 #11836 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Suggestion, enhanced throttle hold.

PhracturedBlue wrote: you don't need to redo your setups when moving from standard to advanced gui, but you will need the advanced-gui for the solution provided.

I've been thinking about making a feature request to deal with this: Add a "Mixers" menu to the standard GUI, that only has the virtual channels on it. Then allow selecting virtual channels as switches elsewhere in the standard GUI.

It might also be nice to be able to select them as inputs for output channels in the standard GUI, but that's 1) bordering on the advanced GUI anyway, and 2) routes values through the virtual channel that the advanced GUI would let you set up directly for the output channel.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Jul 2013 04:32 - 04 Jul 2013 04:32 #11843 by sbstnp
I've been indifferent about the standard gui from the start. Still, I understand it's purpose but my personal opinion is that when people need features ported from the advanced down to standard they might as well start learning how to use the advanced mixer.

Xermalk, just go ahead and make the switch, I'll help you if there is stuff you struggle with.

People should use the standard just as a step towards the advanced mixer, because they miss out big time. You people basically give away the best part of Deviation.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 04 Jul 2013 04:32 by sbstnp.

More
04 Jul 2013 05:21 #11848 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Suggestion, enhanced throttle hold.

mwm wrote: I've been thinking about making a feature request to deal with this: Add a "Mixers" menu to the standard GUI, that only has the virtual channels on it. Then allow selecting virtual channels as switches elsewhere in the standard GUI.

It might also be nice to be able to select them as inputs for output channels in the standard GUI, but that's 1) bordering on the advanced GUI anyway, and 2) routes values through the virtual channel that the advanced GUI would let you set up directly for the output channel.

Generally I don't do much development on the standard GUI. I load it up every once in a while to make sure it still works, and I accept patches adding new capabilities, but it isn't my passion. I understand the appeal of a transmitter that works much like a stock system but with more protocols, and I think the current 'Standard' GUI achieves that pretty well, and if that is all you need, then keep with the Standard GUI. It will always be there. But in the end if you want the really cool toys, you'll likely need to learn the Advanced GUI.

The difference for me is that something like a sticky throttle hold can be implemented without any code changes, whereas actually implementing the feature in Deviation would require significant coding. Deviation was designed to supply the tools to let you do what you want to with your transmitter, and I try to continually make it better at doing that. Several people have said that Deviation is a clear example of a programmer designing a user-interface for himself rather than the users. I fully admit that; the code has been forked several times because of it, and that is great too.

In the end, I think we have built a very supportive community here with great expertise, who is very friendly to newcomers and are willing to teach anyone who wants to learn. I'm as proud of that as I am of Deviation itself.

More
04 Jul 2013 14:09 - 04 Jul 2013 14:38 #11875 by Xermalk

sbstnp wrote: Xermalk, just go ahead and make the switch, I'll help you if there is stuff you struggle with.

People should use the standard just as a step towards the advanced mixer, because they miss out big time. You people basically give away the best part of Deviation.

I tried setting it up myself, and the gyro channel. But the advanced gui :huh:. Its about as user friendly as a F16 user manual, google translated to chinese, And then google translated back.

My University professor in usability design would just shake his head if he saw it.

Iv attached the model file for my standard gui/Devil450.

Id love to have the "sticky" throttle hold, and throttle / gyro curves of 0-100 in the displays.

Edit: I'v managed to get it to display a 0-100% throttle curve, but the issue is that the channel output is also only 0-100.

Edit2: I'll just stick to the standard gui, the advanced gui is just to complicated. I want to fly, not spend 2h infront of a computer figuring out what takes 1 minutes in the standard gui.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jul 2013 14:38 by Xermalk.

More
04 Jul 2013 15:20 - 04 Jul 2013 15:21 #11878 by sbstnp
I just got home and my son got hold of me, but later after he goes to sleep I'll screenshot some things you can do with the advanced mixer.

About usability all I know when it happens to only have a monochrome 128x64 screen all bets are off. Your professor could as much as kill himself and it won't change anything :evil:

Edit: I owned 4 Macs so far so usability is both known and appreciated my me.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 04 Jul 2013 15:21 by sbstnp.

More
04 Jul 2013 16:14 #11888 by Xermalk
were starting to get offtopic from where i started, but is it possible to have custom "labels" for a channel value.

Would be awesome to remap throttle % to governor headspeed. If not ill just stick a cheat sheet to the back of my tx.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds