Spektrum ModelMatch

More
14 Jul 2013 08:50 #12241 by DavidT
Spektrum ModelMatch was created by DavidT
Hi. I can't find anything describing ModelMatch for DSM2/DSMX. What's the best way to do this? Would using the model number (1-255) as the Fixed ID be appropriate?
Thanks, David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2013 19:00 #12793 by dwhacks
Replied by dwhacks on topic Spektrum ModelMatch
Also curious about this and didnt find any simple answers.

More
06 Aug 2013 21:09 #12795 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Spektrum ModelMatch
Page 18 of the DeviationX manual says:

Fixed ID: The Fixed ID sets a unique code to ensure that the Tx will only bind to a specific model. This is useful to ensure that the Tx is not accidentally bound to the wrong model.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
23 Aug 2013 12:17 #13181 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Spektrum ModelMatch
I don't know how model match work, please enlight me:
Does the Spektrum tx search for the right model config if a model match receiver is bound? In this case the receiver would have to send some identification to the tx when powered on or when the tx tries to bind. The tx would have to extract the model info and search for a suitable config file. This sounds possible, but only with some effort... And it requires the right transmit module / protocol to be active - much harder to make sure than with a stock tx (with only one module and protocol)... Not sure if it would be worth the hassle.

Or is it simply the same as the Walkera fixed id?

More
23 Aug 2013 13:42 #13183 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Spektrum ModelMatch
Spektrum ModelMatch

ModelMatch assigns each receiver its own unique code when it's bound to your Spektrum transmitter. If the model you select from memory doesn't share the same receiver code as the model you're trying to fly, the aircraft's controls won't respond until the correct model is selected.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
23 Aug 2013 15:52 #13184 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Spektrum ModelMatch
So it is indeed different to the Walkera fixed id.

As far as I have understood will Spektrum bind the receiver to the tx but force the user to select the correct model config before he can fly.

This means to me: the receiver will bind to whatever model id he gets. But he will not react to controls until the correct id is transmitted and does not need a rebind with the correct id, right?

Where is the unique code generated - rx (somehow builtin in the firmware) or tx? I would expect tx to avoid binding the same model to different tx, but this would limit user's comfort when using more than one tx... And if so when will it be transferred to the rx and accepted as a new value?

I have read a longer thread in a German forum where somebody has looked into (pending) patents from Spektrum and others. The id seems to be generated in a simple way in the tx - a combination of the tx id and the model index (what would be the XX in modelXX.ini in deviation)...

So the only advantage I can see is that the binding happens with whatever model is selected and flying only with the correct one. This would be quite impossible in deviation because we can have more than one rf module (and so as Murphy says the wrong one will be active) and protocols (also the wrong). So I think it does not make sense to try more than what is already implemented (automatic binding when the correct model config is active when the receiver is turned on).

More
23 Aug 2013 17:45 - 23 Aug 2013 17:46 #13186 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Spektrum ModelMatch
I think it is quite similar to the fixed id, if you set the model number as the fixed id. They just made it automatic...

However I like the fact, that I can assign the same fixed id for two different model configs to control the same model, for example an indoor and a different outdoor config...
Last edit: 23 Aug 2013 17:46 by FDR.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds