Can someone shed some light about my devo 10?

More
20 Jul 2013 17:19 - 20 Jul 2013 17:19 #12378 by ummagawd
All of the research is making my head explode, and I think alot of it will become clearer to me if someone could just help me understand this one simple thing:

How do "modules" work on the devo 10?

I noticed that with Tx's like turnigy and JR, they have "modules" that can be swapped out on the back. Does the devo 10 have a module that can be swapped out or added to (even if it means I have to open up the Tx)?

I"m not looking for a easy swap solution, just want to know if it's possible and a link on how to. The reason I ask, is because I want to try using the OpenLRS system which is futaba, JR, and Turnigy compatible.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2013 17:19 by ummagawd. Reason: notification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2013 17:36 #12379 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Can someone shed some light about my devo 10?
The Devo range of transmitters do not support external "plugin" modules, but can drive certain external modules using the Devo TX's PPM output. This would normally also require an extra power supply / battery for this external module, as the Devo's do not have an power output connector.

To get around this, PB has reverse engineered the electronics of the Devo range and this knowledges and the Deviation firmware allows you to add "Modules" inside the Devo transmitters.

See www.deviationtx.com/repository/Documenta...duleInstallation.pdf
for instructions how to add these modules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds