Devo 7E Mcpx BL config file?

More
06 Aug 2013 01:25 #12780 by helikido
Devo 7E Mcpx BL config file? was created by helikido
Hey guys does anyone have a working config file for the mcpx BL for the devo 7e? I can't get my mcpx BL to fly right and I think it may be the config file. The tail won't hold no matter what the gain value is :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
06 Aug 2013 09:44 #12785 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 7E Mcpx BL config file?
As far as I have seen in the manual there is no channel to play with gyro gain settings. I have not recognized any change in behavior when I applied different values to channel 5 (the only one available).
Are you sure you have bound in computer mode (rudder full right when binding - watch for scaling)?
Does the tail gyro work (corrects movements as expected when the main motor is running)?
I have my config for Devo8/12 at home, but the mixer parts should be the same for Devo7e (advanced mixer gui). If needed I can post it later.

More
06 Aug 2013 11:12 #12788 by myxiplx
Replied by myxiplx on topic Devo 7E Mcpx BL config file?
Here's my file from a Devo 10. I don't know if the gyro gain works, but the MCPX BL template I used seems to have channel 7 set for that.

File Attachment:

File Name: ha209b65.ini
File Size:8 KB
Attachments:

More
06 Aug 2013 16:35 #12792 by helikido
Replied by helikido on topic Devo 7E Mcpx BL config file?

rbe2012 wrote: As far as I have seen in the manual there is no channel to play with gyro gain settings. I have not recognized any change in behavior when I applied different values to channel 5 (the only one available).
Are you sure you have bound in computer mode (rudder full right when binding - watch for scaling)?
Does the tail gyro work (corrects movements as expected when the main motor is running)?
I have my config for Devo8/12 at home, but the mixer parts should be the same for Devo7e (advanced mixer gui). If needed I can post it later.

Wait what do you mean no gain control? When I adjust both gain values on channel 5 i notice change in the cyclic and tail value.

Also I never knew there was a computer mode??

And I'm running on a standard mixer GUI. May that be the problem? It seems most logical since ithas all pproper settings for a heli

More
07 Aug 2013 00:56 #12798 by helikido
Guys anymore help?

More
07 Aug 2013 12:05 #12808 by myxiplx
I don't think the computer mode binding applies to the BL version. My understanding is the regular MCPX and the Nano have the ability to bind to a 4-channel radio, in which case the on-board computer manages both throttle and pitch.

On these if you have rudder full left when binding it works as a simple 4-channel. Rudder full right when binding sets it up for full computerised radio control.

It sounds like you have gain working, when you say the tail won't hold what are you seeing? On the BL the tail will wag a fair amount, that was the tradeoff they made for having it responsive enough to perform high power 3D.

Mine wags about loads in a hover, but keeps the heli heading mainly in the direction I want. Under full power pitch pumps the heli will rotate considerably before returning to the proper heading.

What are the symptoms you are seeing?

More
07 Aug 2013 17:24 #12818 by helikido
While hovering or doing fast left piros, if I do fast left piros and come to a sudden stop the tail wags to extreme degress and looses heading. Right ruder doesn't do that though.

More
08 Aug 2013 12:18 #12842 by myxiplx
Just tested mine outside, I'm a bit of a beginner pilot but I get a ton of tail wag after stopping in either direction, but it holds the heading ok.

Not sure what the issue is I'm afraid.

More
09 Aug 2013 16:03 #12872 by helikido
That's exactly my issue. Let me know what your doing to fix it?

More
09 Aug 2013 16:33 #12873 by myxiplx
I saw a reply from a Blade rep on another forum saying some tail wag is expected on the MCPX BL, it's one of the compromises they couldn't avoid creating a little helicopter with this much power and a motor driven tail.

More
09 Aug 2013 16:34 #12874 by helikido
We know that... We are talking about huge degrees of tail wag. More than a small bit. And more than one can tolerate. And for me it only happens when I input lots of left rudder and come on a full stop

More
11 Aug 2013 01:57 #12899 by helikido
Anyone else guys? One thing I want to know is do you use standard mixing or advanced?

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds