An explanation of templates and icons please?

More
19 Aug 2013 14:33 #13037 by Tierod
Im sorry if this is a basic question but i need to better understand templates, icons and how they relate to config files. What do templates do different than config files? Icons? Also how to add to deviation? Ive already changed to deviation firmware 3.0 and file system and added 130x config file through usb function (although havent tried it yet). Sorry for question on what to many would be very basic. Tkanks for any help!
Rod

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Aug 2013 12:56 #13304 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic An explanation of templates and icons please?
Templates are preconfigured config files. You open a (new) model and load a template (matching your model). You only have to configure some points (like servo directions...) and you are ready to fly.
So you take an empty config, load a template into, do some configuration and save this as a new model config.

Icons are select while configuring the mode. They are only pictures of the model, no other use.

Adding icons to deviation works via USB file system (put them in the modelico-directory and use them...). Icons have a special bmp format (16bit, ARGB). You will find some infos when you search for "gimp".

More
27 Aug 2013 00:14 #13329 by Tierod
Thanks for replying rbe2012. so then the templates found on this site are just more or less stripped config files? basic info for helis, planes etc?
i have downloaded both config and icons for almost all my helis.
icons are great! ill go through each config to make sure all is right. im starting to understand deviation better bit by bit.
I would like to thank all those responsable for all their hard hard work to make this program and support avialable.
cheers;
Rod

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
27 Aug 2013 05:36 #13334 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic An explanation of templates and icons please?

Tierod wrote: ...the templates found on this site are just more or less stripped config files? basic info for helis, planes etc? ...

Yes. They can contain nearly any information from a model config file and are used to preset the config to reasonable values.
For testing I often copy model configs to another number and play with these.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds