Newby with throttle question.

More
21 Aug 2013 04:31 #13057 by mark_johnson
Newby with throttle question. was created by mark_johnson
I have a Devo 10 with deviation firmware. Is there an arming procedure for the throttle?

I have tested the esc and motor with a servo tester and the motor runs. When connected to the receiver the motot does not run. the esc is plugged into channel 3 rudder and elevator are in channel 1 and 2 and work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2013 04:40 #13058 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Newby with throttle question.
Possible throttle is out of range for ESC. You need calibrate ESC for Tx throttle range. Or you can try switch on Tx, full trottle, switch on Rx/ESC, lower throttle. Possible it can learn/calibrate ESC to throttle range. Disconnect motor or prop before it.

More
21 Aug 2013 04:50 #13059 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Newby with throttle question.
And possible your channel 3 isn't configured properly. You should post the model .ini file if vlad's advice doesn't help.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
21 Aug 2013 17:40 #13128 by mark_johnson
Replied by mark_johnson on topic Newby with throttle question.
thanks for the help. I installed a standard servo in channel 3 and the throttle controls it. So I just have to get the ESC programed correctly. I am using a Hobby King HK-40A esc. When powered up the motor beeps with throttle down, and enters programing mode when powered up with throttle up.

More
21 Aug 2013 20:54 #13134 by mark_johnson
Replied by mark_johnson on topic Newby with throttle question.
It is now working. throttle is the first to program through the tones. Again Thanks for the help.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds