Possible voice alert feature in the future?

More
25 Aug 2013 20:00 #13277 by Essen1
Hi everybody,

I've been doing a lot of reading on here so far and am truly amazed at the comprehensiveness of all the info.

It's a little overwhelming for a newbie to the Deviation FW...but I am working my way through it :)

Anyway, I have two questions actually where i didn't find much information through searches on here...

Are there plans to add custom voice alerts like the FrSky Taranis is equipped with through their own opensource FW TX project?

My second question is in regards to different protocols, such as DSMX, DSM2 and Devo. I got four planes, two electric-powered gliders, a Cessna 182 and a FW-190.

I plan on installing the Devo RX801 in the Cessna, two DSM2 Orange RXs in the gliders and a Spektrum AR6210 DSMX in the FW-190. Can I assign and save all these different protocols to each compatible receiver and model set-up without having to manually change the protocols each time I select a model to fly? I didn't find any detailed information hence me asking.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2013 20:25 - 25 Aug 2013 20:26 #13278 by Drexz
Hi Mike!

I don't know about any plans to add voice alerts but guess PB will answer this one.

The one with having different protocols to different models is very easy to do. Just select the protocol you need when setting up the config, and it will change when you change your model. :)

I'm currently using DSMX on my Warp 360 and DSM2 on my glider.

-Drexz
Last edit: 25 Aug 2013 20:26 by Drexz.

More
25 Aug 2013 21:57 #13280 by Essen1
Replied by Essen1 on topic Possible voice alert feature in the future?

Drexz wrote: Hi Mike!

I don't know about any plans to add voice alerts but guess PB will answer this one.

The one with having different protocols to different models is very easy to do. Just select the protocol you need when setting up the config, and it will change when you change your model. :)

I'm currently using DSMX on my Warp 360 and DSM2 on my glider.

-Drexz

Hi Drexz...

Thanks for the info. So the protocol stays with the model once it has been chosen and saved, correct? And it changes when I select a different model. Very, very cool :)

What brand of DSM2 RX are you using in your glider?

Mike

More
25 Aug 2013 23:14 #13283 by Drexz
That is correct. :)

I'm using a OrangeRX R410 in mine. Getting a Elf mini DLG tomorrow, and going to use it in that one as well. Mostly used spektrum/OrangeRX rx's with my devo, and really happy with the results.

More
25 Aug 2013 23:30 - 25 Aug 2013 23:30 #13284 by Essen1
Replied by Essen1 on topic Possible voice alert feature in the future?
I've got two Orange Rx R610 (w/Sat port) on order from Hobbyking.

It's good to know that others use the ORXs since it'll be my first experience with them. I have so far only used the FlySky TH9X compatible RXs.

Thanks for the feedback.
Last edit: 25 Aug 2013 23:30 by Essen1.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Aug 2013 05:59 #13299 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Working on voice alert feature...
Actually I make some testing with a module (WTV020-SD-20S) which can play music files and is controlled via a micro processor. You can select 512 files which are played on command. My goal is to transmit the sound via bluetooth to a headset (or you can use a loudspeaker directly connected to the module).
If this works, 512 speech files can be recorded and played.
The next step will be to see how it can be added to my Devo8 and Devo12 in a way that needs no expert skills in soldering...
And the last one will be to look into the code to see where those commands can be given (could be the sound playing methods and the dialogs)...

I have not too much time to work on this project but it's fun.

More
26 Aug 2013 06:46 #13300 by Essen1
Replied by Essen1 on topic Working on voice alert feature...

rbe2012 wrote: Actually I make some testing with a module (WTV020-SD-20S) which can play music files and is controlled via a micro processor. You can select 512 files which are played on command. My goal is to transmit the sound via bluetooth to a headset (or you can use a loudspeaker directly connected to the module).
If this works, 512 speech files can be recorded and played.
The next step will be to see how it can be added to my Devo8 and Devo12 in a way that needs no expert skills in soldering...
And the last one will be to look into the code to see where those commands can be given (could be the sound playing methods and the dialogs)...

I have not too much time to work on this project but it's fun.

Hi rbe2012,

That's great news! I hope you can get this to work. :)

It might help to look at the Taranis code to see how they implemented this. I guess it was FrSky themselves who did it first before improvements were made by the community.

At least that's what I read on RCG in that huge thread. Boy, this will, and already is, one great line of Devo TXs!

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Aug 2013 11:56 #13303 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Working on voice alert feature...
But you should have some patience. I work on this if no more important task keeps me away (and it has a quite low priority for me).
It is also unlikely that such a hardware add-on will ever be supported by the main deviation line.
Let me put the hardware together (I will receive the bluetooth sending module this week). After that I will look how to bind this to the tx. It might be necessary to put some kind of adapter in between (mcu-based, serial interface towards the tx, control interface to sound module).
Thank you for your offer to look into the Taranis code, but I think this will not help here. The interface to the sound module is still open and on the other side it is clear, which information has to be send when an event occurs.

More
27 Aug 2013 00:13 #13328 by Essen1
Replied by Essen1 on topic Working on voice alert feature...
rbe2012,

I know patience is a virtue and I didn't mean to push or rush anyone :)

I'm glad, though, that someone is looking into the possibilities to see what else can be accomplished with this FW! :woohoo:

I had a feeling that the Taranis is running on a different code or maybe platform...not sure, though, since I'm far from being a programmer. I'm really just a happy camper with the Deviation FW.

Mike

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds