Computer cant read devo8s

More
29 Aug 2013 04:43 #13367 by diverich
Computer cant read devo8s was created by diverich
I have recently bought a devo 8s and when I link ot my computer it does not show up as a new folder or drive. Is there a setting inside the devo that I have to change for my computer to be able to read and or open the folders on the devo?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2013 04:56 #13369 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Computer cant read devo8s
If you are running stock firmware it won't show up as a drive.
If you flash Deviation, there is a special USB mode which needs to be activated before it shows up as a drive on your computer. Please read the Deviation manual for more info.

So, are you running stock or Deviation?

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
29 Aug 2013 05:22 #13370 by diverich
Replied by diverich on topic Computer cant read devo8s
I am running what ever came on the device. All I know is that it is a devo8s.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
29 Aug 2013 07:55 #13372 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Computer cant read devo8s
So you are running the stock Walkera Devention firmware.

If you have read a while in this forum you will have seen which possibilities you do not have with the stock version. It works and is ok, but does not unleash the full potential of the transmitter hardware.

If you ever decide to make the step towards deviation let us know and we will give you the help you need. But for the stock firmware you will find little to no support here because most of us hardly remember how it did look like...

More
30 Aug 2013 00:49 #13382 by diverich
The user manual says deVention on the CD. If it is not then how do I upgrade it to the current firm wear that is compatible with my radio

• rbe2012
More
30 Aug 2013 05:42 #13385 by rbe2012
Please read the documentation in the download section. You will find the last official build 3.0.0 there and the so called "nigthlies" which represent the actual development state (and where many new functions, esp. a new GUI is implemented; it is quite stable).

More
30 Aug 2013 06:21 #13389 by diverich
I can find the downloads and that but still can not get the pc to see a folder or drive. I have read two different pdf files on the devo 8s and yes it tells how to get it if you can get to the Configuration but I can not find that. I have opened each and every screen icon and none of them says anything about that or a usb or a computer. not sure if this helps or not but if I open the About icon I get hardware ver 2.0, software ver 1.0A, and Library ver 0.0.5.

• rbe2012
More
30 Aug 2013 06:38 #13390 by rbe2012
To make it clear: you are using the stock firmware and you will not find a way to access the model configs via USB. The only way to get the model from / to tx is to use the Walkera dFuse tool where you can make backups of the models and restore them. But they have a binary format so you can not modify them outside of your tx (there is a tool which can be found in the link section). And you can not use any of the model configs published in this forum.

If you want deviation (this is the open source replacement firmware for some Walkera transmitters which is discussed and developed here) you have to reprogram your tx with a completely different firmware. Nothing will be as it was before (but this is not bad, just different and you will get many new features). You can revert this step, but I am sure you won't.
If you install deviation, one feature is to access the config files via USB.

More
30 Aug 2013 07:38 #13391 by diverich
I have found the link on here to create a model for flight. OK on the front of the radio it says devention and then under that it says devo 8s. I have been looking through youtube link
for some help and here is a link to a video that appears to have my radio and the screens look the same. So I hope that video helps you explain to me how to get my pc to be able to show a drive or folder for this radio.

More
30 Aug 2013 07:39 - 30 Aug 2013 08:10 #13392 by diverich
Last edit: 30 Aug 2013 08:10 by FDR.

More
30 Aug 2013 08:25 - 30 Aug 2013 08:26 #13394 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Computer cant read devo8s
You should read more carefully.

DEVENTION is not the same as DEVIATION

They are both firmware, but they are completely different.

1. DEVENTION is the stock firmware: no drive for it. Do not ask, do not look further.

2. DEVIATION is this open source firmware written by PB. This website and forum is dedicated to Deviation and not stock firmware.

Now, if you go ahead and flash Deviation on your 8S, we will gladly welcome you and give all the help we can give.

Good luck!

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 30 Aug 2013 08:26 by sbstnp.

More
30 Aug 2013 08:35 #13395 by diverich
Do I need to install the Dfuse usb upgrade program and then install the new software from the download page?

More
30 Aug 2013 08:42 #13396 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Computer cant read devo8s
Only if you want to replace the fw of your tx, but it is not neccessary.
It is capable to control those models (V120D02S and Mini CP) fine.

If I were you, I would stick to the stock fw for a while, until you learn how to use a computerized radio...

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds