8S resolution?

More
12 Sep 2013 11:02 - 12 Sep 2013 11:06 #13730 by jvulte
8S resolution? was created by jvulte
I am going to be in the market for a new TX at some point down the road. I am doing the research now, while I don't NEED it yet. Right now I am using a DEVO 8S with Deviation v3.0. The Devo has been really good to me so far, but I am wondering how good is the resolution compared to some of the other name brand radios? Watching reviews, peeps are saying how smooth, and accurate the sticks feel with high resolution TXs. I really don't like the look of 90% of the TXs out there. The one I like the best, is of course, out of my price range, at $2999 lol(Futaba18MZH). As of now, I am up in the air between the Devo 12S, another 8S, or the Futaba 8J. My question is, how will the Devos compare to the 8J? Would it be a night and day difference? The Futaba 8J is my favorite design, fits into my price range, and has all of the features I need. Any recommendations? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_433/products_id/227825/n/Futaba-8J-24GHz-S-FHSS-8-Channel-Heli-Radio-System-w-R2008SB-Receiver
Last edit: 12 Sep 2013 11:06 by jvulte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2013 15:42 #13734 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic 8S resolution?
I'm interested in this thread as well.

I'd like to ask a few questions...

What's the difference between Resolution and Frame rate?

What's the current resolution of Deviation and can/will it change?

My Devo RX802 has 11ms mode, as does my AR7200BX. Dose deviation support 11ms mode in either protocol at this time?

I'm pretty happy with my Devo12 with deviation, other than the sticks, which are starting to get sticky.. ;) I need to lube them, and not sure of the best thing to use for that...

Cheers for a "smooth sticks" thread.... :)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
12 Sep 2013 17:33 #13738 by jvulte
Replied by jvulte on topic resolution and framerate
My 8s sticks felt sticky one day,.. For me it was only that something had fallen into them,.. dust or something,... air compressor carefully cleaned them out, and worked smoothly again! Not sure about lubing them,.. I would think lube would cause more problems than it would be worth, however, if it where me,.. I would blow it out first, then open the back, and maybe add a couple drops of oil on the actual joints and pivot points, but not all over the gimbals.

My understanding is that framerate is how long it takes for packets of info to get processed(received). Resolution is how many steps the stick travel is divided into. For example, 5000 resolution would mean that the sticks are divided into 5000 little steps,..2500 is mid stick. Of course that means that the more the resolution, the more precise the sticks will feel.

Most definitely Cheers to "smooth sticks"

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds