Devo 7 transmitter power off - on problem

More
17 Sep 2013 09:25 #13852 by christsamis
Devo 7 transmitter power off - on problem was created by christsamis
Hi Walkera

I have a Devo-7 transmitter that I have been using successfully with a QR X350 for about 2 days. It recently developed a problem as follows:
When I turn it ON, nothing happens. To make it operate I have to disconnect the batteries, turn the power switch ON then reconnect the batteries. At this point the LCD backlight comes on, it beeps and it appears to start up and operate normally.
When it is turned OFF that annoying music plays, the backlight turns off but the LCD still displays 'Power Off' and also displays the battery level. The batteries have to be disconnected otherwise they will go flat rapidly.

I've since tried using many batteries, alkaline and NiMh but neither make it work any different.

Anyone got any ideas? It's only 2 days old and it has this serious problem already. What can you suggest to help with this?

thanks for your time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2013 10:06 #13853 by FDR
Hi, but we are not Walkera!

This is a community around an open source firmware for the devo transmitters called deviation, not Walkera's devention...

The other bad news, that the DEVO 7 is not even supported by the deviation fw.
However your problem is not unique in the devo world, most often the power switch failure or the power circuit failure causes that.

More
17 Sep 2013 10:40 #13854 by christsamis
Replied by christsamis on topic Devo 7 transmitter power off - on problem
I am sorry for Walkera .
I write that because i have the same question with warkera conversation.
But i dont have the answer get from anybody.
Did you know who support devo 7 ? Or if someone have any idea what i must to do it...

More
17 Sep 2013 10:52 - 17 Sep 2013 10:52 #13855 by FDR
This thread contains the power circuit of the DEVO 10. It might be similar to the DEVO 7:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...lown-regulator#13746

Check all the components, start with the switch itself...
Last edit: 17 Sep 2013 10:52 by FDR.

More
22 Sep 2013 20:49 #13993 by MassiveOverkill
Replied by MassiveOverkill on topic Devo 7 transmitter power off - on problem
This is interesting as I noticed today that sometimes my Devo 7 (that I got with my QR X350) will not always power up. I need to cycle the power switch twice sometimes. I'm going to take her apart and look for loose connections.

More
19 Jul 2017 22:41 #63526 by Heretic786
Replied by Heretic786 on topic Devo 7 transmitter power off - on problem

MassiveOverkill wrote: This is interesting as I noticed today that sometimes my Devo 7 (that I got with my QR X350) will not always power up. I need to cycle the power switch twice sometimes. I'm going to take her apart and look for loose connections.

Hi Massive,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm having the same problem about my TX not always powering up. I also have to cycle the power switch twice or three times. I opened my TX up but didn't find any loose connections.

So did you ever find out what was wrong? Was the problem with the power switch?

Regards
H

More
20 Jul 2017 00:10 #63528 by mwm
In case you don't get a solid answer, the 7E is known to not have enough power for multiple modules. Possibly that's what's causing your problems The usual solution is to add another regulator to power the extra modules.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
20 Jul 2017 03:30 #63529 by Heretic786
Replied by Heretic786 on topic Devo 7 transmitter power off - on problem

mwm wrote: In case you don't get a solid answer, the 7E is known to not have enough power for multiple modules. Possibly that's what's causing your problems The usual solution is to add another regulator to power the extra modules.

Much obliged sir! Thanks for your input.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds