New user with a basic question.

More
22 Sep 2013 02:27 - 22 Sep 2013 02:39 #13973 by SLMcc
New user with a basic question. was created by SLMcc
I just received an 8s today and put Deviation on it. After searching and reading I cannot figure out how to save anything. Every time I turn the Tx off the first thing I have to go back and recalibrate the touch screen. Then the sticks. I'm trying to set up a model in memory and can't find any way to save that either.

I also can't seem to find the main page config pictured in the manual.

This has to be stupid easy but I can't figure it out. :(
Last edit: 22 Sep 2013 02:39 by SLMcc. Reason: spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2013 03:57 #13975 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic New user with a basic question.
Most things are automatically saved. Such as calibration data, radio configuration. When the radio is shut off, the appropriate .ini files are updated.

Exceptions are mixer configurations, where you have to explicitly press 'Save'. Model files are saved on tx shut off or model change afaik.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
22 Sep 2013 04:22 - 22 Sep 2013 04:34 #13977 by SLMcc
Replied by SLMcc on topic New user with a basic question.
Mine isn't saving anything as far as I can tell. As soon as I shut it off and turn it back on I have to recalibrate the screen, my model isn't saved either.

Where should I look for the .ini files? Maybe they are missing?

EDIT:

I found it! I didn't pull the models folder and tx.ini out of the system file after I extracted it to the Tx. The install directions were a little confusing to me.

If this is a first-time install of Deviation, the PC should prompt to format the drive.
Format using default options. Next unzip the deviation-fs-devoXX-x.y.z.zip to the Tx
USB drive. When I did that it left everything in the filesystem folder and the Tx just had a black screen.
If this is an upgrade from a previous Deviation release, it is strongly recommended to
back-up the ‘models’ directory from the transmitter as well as the tx.ini file to ensure you
don’t lose any model or transmitter configuration. Next unzip the deviation-fs-devoXXx.
y.z.zip to the PC and copy all directories EXCEPT for the ‘models’ directory and the
tx.ini file to the transmitter.
I didn't understand that the Tx wouldn't read out of the filesystem folder originally. The part about copy everything EXCEPT the "models" and tx.ini back is where I got lost.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2013 04:34 by SLMcc.

More
22 Sep 2013 08:01 #13978 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic New user with a basic question.
Glad you figured it out :)

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds