Devo 7 THSTK message & Beep Problem (with a video)

More
22 Sep 2013 17:37 #13988 by Satch
Hi all.

I have searched numerous forums and youtube but still cannot find the answer i am looking for and wonder if anybody is able to help.

I am a complete novice, but i still do not think what i am trying to do is that complicated, simply bind my Devo 7 with my Walkera QR X350 (brand new)

Anyway, when i turn on the controller, all i get is the message 'THSTK'

I have put the throttle down to zero, and also the stick on the right down to zero, but still the message appears, and simply cannot get past this message. the menu buttons will not respond, and the same message appears with the beep when i toggle through the modes 0 1 & 2.

I am about ready to throw in the towel and send it back for a refund, but id much rather keep it and get it up and running. I have put a video on Youtube and the link is below, please have a watch and see if there is anything obvious i am doing wrong.

Thanks on advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2013 18:31 #13989 by Essen1
Satch,

try and move the switch I marked in the red box to the up position and see if that works.
Attachments:

More
22 Sep 2013 20:40 #13992 by FDR
Ensure the FMODE switch is in 0 position.
If nothing else helps, try to lower the elevator to the lowest position, because the tx might be in mode 1...

More
22 Sep 2013 21:54 #13995 by Satch
Hi thanks for the replies, tried both of those suggestions with no luck. Ive tried quite a lot of different combinations with no luck in fact, really got me scratching my head. I suspect the seller of the kit will have no idea how to get around this so it looks lie the whole thing is going back. Very dissapointed.

More
22 Sep 2013 22:07 #13996 by Essen1
Maybe a counterfeit? Walkera warned against them on their Website.

www.walkera.com/en/article.php?id=113&cat_id=18

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
23 Sep 2013 07:43 #14007 by rbe2012
Satch,

open your model config (of the selected model) in the usb mode and delete the safety section:
[safety]
Auto=min
You will get rid of this message and be able to use your tx (when the model is saved the section is included again, but should be correct).

• rbe2012
More
23 Sep 2013 07:45 #14008 by rbe2012

Essen1 wrote: Maybe a counterfeit? Walkera warned against them on their Website.

They seem to have removed the warning - I have seen it before but can#t find it actually.

More
23 Sep 2013 07:48 #14009 by FDR

rbe2012 wrote: Satch,

open your model config (of the selected model) in the usb mode and delete the safety section:

[safety]
Auto=min
You will get rid of this message and be able to use your tx (when the model is saved the section is included again, but should be correct).

That's a DEVO 7, which can't run deviation.
It is the stock DEVO 7 fw...

More
23 Sep 2013 08:03 #14011 by vlad_vy
Is throttle trim (and others) at zero position?

More
23 Sep 2013 08:17 #14012 by Satch
Thanks for the extra replies guys. Throttle trim & others are definately at the zero position.

Im not trained enough to tell if its a counterfit or not, but the guys feedback on ebay is 100% with 2434 good feedbacks (besthobbysite4uk), so i'm guessing its all legit.

rbe2012 - not sure how to do this, if it involves using the menu option on my devo 7 then we can forget it, this message will just not budge at all. I have worn down 8 fully charged brand new batteries just trying to get the message off.

Sad face.

If worse comes to worse, i guess ill have to bite the bullet and buy a new devo 7 remote, could well be cheaper than sending the whole kit bac to china. havent checked prices yet, just considering my options.

Thanks for all your help anyways guys, if you think of anything else just post it here i will keep checking.

More
23 Sep 2013 14:42 #14018 by Essen1

rbe2012 wrote:

Essen1 wrote: Maybe a counterfeit? Walkera warned against them on their Website.

They seem to have removed the warning - I have seen it before but can#t find it actually.

rbe2012,

You're right. It was still there yesterday when I posted the link. The original posting was under "News" on Walkera's site but it's gone now. :blink:

• rbe2012
More
23 Sep 2013 20:30 #14021 by rbe2012

Satch wrote: rbe2012 - not sure how to do this, if it involves using the menu option on my devo 7 then we can forget it, this message will just not budge at all. I have worn down 8 fully charged brand new batteries just trying to get the message off.

FDR was right - I was on the wrong track since you use a Devo7 (not 7e with deviation).

But you should be able to download the configs with the dfuse-tool and FDR has written a web tool to create such a config (look in the "Links") - maybe this could be a way for you.

More
24 Sep 2013 04:12 #14027 by FDR
My model configurator is for DEVO 8 only, but a german guy wrote one for the DEVO 7:
www.ts-soft.de/Devo7/

More
24 Sep 2013 08:38 #14031 by Satch
Thanks ill give that a try, ill have to get the UP-02 though.

More
30 Mar 2019 22:02 #73626 by Gnjac0rp
Has been awhile since this thread was used but I just had the same issue, figured a solution which might be someone else's fix.

Start the pad up > Get the THST K issue and no buttons work nor thrust; try the other stick worked every time for me to get past the error (Its maybe yours is set for a different region which is why the other stick is needed) > started showing as 50% thrust > settings > Mode change from 1 to 2 and that worked for me to clear the error and the trust.

Sailed straight through pairing after this and not a problem with flight (what I could given the area and time).

Hope this has been understandable since I'll be honest I am a newcomer to the hobby, and I hope it may help someone in future!

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds