Feature req: Dsm, Use Fixed ID as Transmitter ID.

More
12 Oct 2013 22:49 #14543 by Xermalk
Hello
From what iv understood dsm2 & dsmx does not support fixed id binding. This means you have to use the unbind plug every time you want to change between transmitters.

Now, how much work would it be to have Fixed id change the transmitters unique id in the model setup screen?

I have a couple of planes/helis, and i tend to swap between my Devo 10 and 7E depending on where i fly and what i bring with me. And its very annoying to have to access the rx every time to do a rebind.

Implementing it like this should mean no/minimal changes to the GUI. And it could be done for all protocols that do not support Fixed ID binding.

And just to make sure you don't randomly pick the same unique id as someone else, make the default value for Fixed Id the tx id. Instead of 12345678 or what it is now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2013 05:06 - 13 Oct 2013 05:06 #14549 by vlad_vy
It's discussed many times. Every Tx in the world has unique Tx ID. The Fixed ID is model ID. Identical Tx ID can be potentially dangerous.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2013 05:06 by vlad_vy.

More
13 Oct 2013 06:08 #14550 by sbstnp
I agree with Vlad, TXID should stay unique and non-user modifiable. The potential for liability is too great.

Of course, nobody can stop you patching the sources to get what you want, it's open source after all.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds