About Fixed ID

More
03 Mar 2014 15:05 #21143 by blackmoon
About Fixed ID was created by blackmoon
I have never used it, because I mainly fly micro stuff.

But does Fixed ID work with all the protocols ?.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2014 16:41 - 03 Mar 2014 16:43 #21144 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic About Fixed ID
Since you raise it, Deviation's FixedID (Devo) doesn't work properly.. the only one works is Gale's version

To test if FixedID works,bind your receiver, then turn off your TX and on again, the receiver should be locked again..

cmPang
Last edit: 03 Mar 2014 16:43 by cmpang.

More
03 Mar 2014 16:49 - 03 Mar 2014 17:01 #21145 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic About Fixed ID
Manual chapter 9.9 :whistle:
The Hubsan4 protocol supports 4 channels, and only supports auto-binding. The fixed ID can be used, but does not prevent auto-binding during power-on.

But if fixed-ID is working as intended it has some advantage which apply for micros as well:
- you can't bind accidently the wrong model.
- usually it will bind even if you power the model before the TX
(what you should never do)
- the model could rebind after a power outage
- binding is faster

Disadvantage:
You can't use different TX with the same model with fixed-ID unless you use the latest deviation firmware with "txid override feature" :woohoo:

cmpang wrote: To test if FixedID works,bind your receiver, then turn off your TX and on again, the receiver should be locked again..
cmPang

This works in over 9 of 10.
Last edit: 03 Mar 2014 17:01 by linux-user.

More
03 Mar 2014 17:09 #21147 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic About Fixed ID
'Fixing' that would be easy, but I do not believe it honors the Devo protocol.

Walkera chooses 3 channels at boot time by scanning the airwaves and looking for the least used channels. It does this every time you turn on your Tx (or at least it did last time I snooped on their transmissions). So every time you turn on the Tx, you potentially get different channels if the noise around you has changed.

Maybe Walkera has better algorithms than I that are more likely to result in the same answer, or maybe they changed their algorithm to be based on the TxId, but my analysis from 2 years ago did not indicate either of these things.

So Deviation's code works as intended and fixed-id DOES work by my definition. Using a channel selection based on txid would be trivial, but as long as Deviation doesn't reboot, I'm not sure why I'd weaken the channel selection. Unlike some other protocols, the Devo protocol does not use many channels in its hopping sequence, and so it will be more sensitive to noise. I'm not sure why I'd want to further weaken it.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
03 Mar 2014 17:16 #21148 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic About Fixed ID

cmpang wrote: Since you raise it, Deviation's FixedID (Devo) doesn't work properly.. the only one works is Gale's version

I use a fixed ID for nearly all of my models (Devo, DSM2 and DSMX protocol) and it works in any case - don't actually know if other protocols support that.
You have to distinguish nicely between the tx fixed ID (TXID) which shall be different for all tx on the world (since a unique value in the CYRF chip is used to calculate it) -unless you use one of the last builds where you can override this with a manual given ID- and the model fixed ID which is used in combination with the TXID to enable recognizing transmitter and receiver.

More
04 Mar 2014 16:14 #21183 by cmpang
To test if FixedID works,bind your receiver, then turn off your TX and on again, the receiver should be locked again..

Or do it vice verse, turn off the receiver and on again, it should bind back to the Tx..

Try it... and Gale's version works all the time...

More
04 Mar 2014 16:21 #21185 by cmpang
For the past year, I have reported three suggestions/findings so far:

1. add two 3 position switches to the 7e.. and that is done perfectly in version 4

2. low power on the cc2500 (Skyartec protocol) module.. Both Gale and SUV has fixed it..

3. Devo FixedID.. Gale has fixed it

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate and big thanks to PB and those of you who have contributed all their hard work here, not a single doubt about it. And it is for this reason I really like to see Deviation goes even better..

cmPang

More
04 Mar 2014 18:51 #21194 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic About Fixed ID
Thanks for all these comments, I guess the only way to be really sure is testing.

More
04 Mar 2014 20:07 #21197 by Hondawasaki
Replied by Hondawasaki on topic About Fixed ID
wow im running dev4 on my devo10 and have assighned fixed ID to the Devorx (that came with the tx) in my SCX10 Honcho.
I have done the same to my Blade nano DSMX( with different ID of course) and both models connect every time with out rebinding ...

More
05 Mar 2014 00:09 #21209 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic About Fixed ID

cmpang wrote: 3. Devo FixedID.. Gale has fixed it

Where is Galee's repo? As I've said, I don't consider this a bug. It is a design choice to give the best noise rejection. But if he found a solution that maintains the protocol robustness, I'll be happy to take it.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds