Help with dead Devo10

More
03 Jul 2014 07:29 #24353 by Raffelo
Help with dead Devo10 was created by Raffelo
Looking for help,

I tried to upgrade my Devo 10 (transmitter) and I uploaded the wrong file, when I tried to go to the second part pressing Power + ext, the transmitter did not powered on.

I removed the batteries and replaced them with new set, waited few hours to retry, it did not work.

I open the transmitter and Follow the wires coming from the batteries to the switch and there is power there.

I was told the bootloader my be gone, if anyone can help I will highly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2014 13:39 #24355 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Help with dead Devo10
If you have turned off the radio, unplugged the battery (2 seconds is enough), made sure the battery is fully charged, plugged it back in, pressed ENT and with it held down turned on the radio.
If you did all that and your radio doesn't enter firmware mode, there are 2 possibilities I can think of:
1) The power circuit is broken and the radio isn't turning on.
2) The bootloader was somehow corrupted

you need to distinguish between these 2. The only way to do so is to open up the radio and measure the voltage with a voltmeter.
If the voltage is correct, then the bootloader needs to be replaced. That requires a programmer. you can buy one from china for about $6US (search for st-link v2)
Unfortunately on the devo10 they don't install terminals, so hooking up the programmer involves soldering to the board. I can explain the steps in detail if you elect to go this way.

I don't know what your comfort level is with something like this. There are quite a few steps involved.

You have other options:
a) contact your retailer and ask them for help
b) contact Walkera and ask them for help
c) you can ship it to me and I will do everything in my power to make it work again. You pay shipping both ways. This is probably only feasible if you live in the USA.

More
04 Dec 2018 13:08 #71971 by Anaconda
Replied by Anaconda on topic Help with dead Devo10

PhracturedBlue wrote: If you have turned off the radio, unplugged the battery (2 seconds is enough), made sure the battery is fully charged, plugged it back in, pressed ENT and with it held down turned on the radio.
If you did all that and your radio doesn't enter firmware mode, there are 2 possibilities I can think of:
1) The power circuit is broken and the radio isn't turning on.
2) The bootloader was somehow corrupted

you need to distinguish between these 2. The only way to do so is to open up the radio and measure the voltage with a voltmeter.
If the voltage is correct, then the bootloader needs to be replaced. That requires a programmer. you can buy one from china for about $6US (search for st-link v2)
Unfortunately on the devo10 they don't install terminals, so hooking up the programmer involves soldering to the board. I can explain the steps in detail if you elect to go this way.

I don't know what your comfort level is with something like this. There are quite a few steps involved.

Hello PhracturedBlue, I have the problem of the corrupt bootloader in my DEVO 10, I do not know how to reinstall again to connect with USB, please I would like you to indicate the steps to follow to solve it.
I have good knowledge of electronics and I have the ST-LINK v2 programmer.
Thank you.

You have other options:
a) contact your retailer and ask them for help
b) contact Walkera and ask them for help
c) you can ship it to me and I will do everything in my power to make it work again. You pay shipping both ways. This is probably only feasible if you live in the USA.

More
04 Dec 2018 13:08 #71972 by Anaconda
Hello PhracturedBlue, I have the problem of the corrupt bootloader in my DEVO 10, I do not know how to reinstall again to connect with USB, please I would like you to indicate the steps to follow to solve it.
I have good knowledge of electronics and I have the ST-LINK v2 programmer.
Thank you.

More
04 Dec 2018 15:23 #71974 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Help with dead Devo10
More details are in this post . It's for the 7e but the 10 is very similar.

There's an easier method described in this post . The STM Flashloaderdemo utility allows flashing the bootloader through the serial interface on the trainer port. Still have to open the transmitter to access the Boot0 and power bypass jumpers, but don't have to solder the STLink connections. You'll need an FTDI adapter to connect to the serial port.

More
06 Dec 2018 09:48 #71993 by Anaconda
Hello hexfet thank you very much for your valuable information, I will start all your indications to see if I can restart my DEVO 10, when I have it solved, I will write the steps to follow to make this solution with DEVO 10 in case it is useful to more people.
Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds